Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (jasa_rhone)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-30-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
I took my new boat out yesterday for the first time . When we pulled the boat out the bottom half of the boat had an off-white/yellow tint to it. We scrubbed it hard with the chamois but nothing worked. We finally used some iron/rust remover on the boat, which did the trick. Is this going to hurt the finish on my boat? Has anyone ever had this happen after only one day at the lake?
Old     (jasa_rhone)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-30-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
Also, if that rust remover is going to hurt the finish, what would you recomend doing after using that stuff?
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
skip the rust remover, toilet bowl cleaner will do the trick and many people have used it with great results
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-30-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
First, Limeaway and water works wonders. 50-50 Mix, don't let is dry on your hull.

Then, Wax your hull with some Starbrite Teflon wax after that, vinegar and Water in a spray bottle should suffice. (some people add some wax to the V/W Mix).
Old     (hcaggie22)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-30-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
VINEGAR is the key....use it to get it off then rinse right behind it....did this on a 1989 chaparal we used to have for 10 years and sold it looking like new
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-30-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
I had the same thing happen !!!!! Upload

(Message edited by zacharoo on April 30, 2007)
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-30-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
The vinegar/water mix will work sometimes, but my spot down here puts that stuff on and the vinegar won't get it off. Star-Brite Hull Cleaner will do it very fast with no elbow grease, and it's actually designed for it (hence the name hull cleaner ;)). Just rinse it after and rewax.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-30-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
I have never heard of water turning a boat yellow after one day though. That does not seem normal to me.
Old     (jasa_rhone)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-30-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips.

Aquaholic - Not sure what I would think if I put my white/black x-star in the water and have it come out as a yellow Mobius. Nice boat though!

Jon - I have never heard/seen anything like that either. One day (6-7hrs) did it though, my friends noticed it right away.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-30-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
Jon, you obviously have never been in water in South Louisiana. They don't give the rivers name like RED river and VERMILION river without good reason.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-30-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
I will second the Star Brite, it did wonders on my old boat, I couldn't believe it. And it had years of grime on it, not just a thin film from one outing.
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       04-30-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
Before you try any chemicals you might want to try magic erasers. I had a yellowing from the waterline down that I tried hull cleaners and other toxic stuff that did not respond. I used the magic erasers with soapy water and it came right off even after sitting there for months. Cheap, chemical free and worth trying.