Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (utmba95)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-04-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
Can somebody please post the length of the steering cable on a 1999-2002 Supra Launch direct drive? Thanks.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-04-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
its either 20 or 21 feet....we replaced the one in our 2002 launch sl last year and couldnt find the exact length @ a local dealership so we put one in that was a foot or 2 longer and it worked perfectly you just have to tuck the cable away somewhere.......
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-04-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
I just put one in my 04 Moomba Mobius DD today, It was a pain in the ass, but I think the cable was only 18 ft. My boat has a heater so if the replacement cable was any longer I couldn't have gotten it in since the hole in the floor for the cable is right beside the heater. I ordered mine from the local Moomba dealer and they knew which one I needed. I'm pretty sure our boats are the same, I can get you the part # off of my old cable if you think it will help.
Old     (spb)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-05-2007, 6:34 AM Reply   
Cable length is 18ft. I installed Teleflex part# SSC13418 on a 2002 Launch DD this past weekend. The install was pretty easy. Good luck.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-05-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
guess i was wrong.....oh well
Old     (utmba95)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-05-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
Thanks a lot for saving me a trip to my boat storage!
Old     (spb)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-05-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
Glad to help. The only issue I ran into was the size of the hole the cable runs through (by the drivers feet). There are several other cables there....bundle of electrical wires, throttle cable, and bilge hoses. I had to disconnect one of the bilge hoses to make room for the thick part of the steering cable to pass through. Just remember to reconnect it when done.
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
Another tip is to pull the cable out through the front seat, I fought with mine until I did it that way and then it came right out. My boat has a heater also, so I ended up pulling the bilge hose out and then putting it back in after the cable was in to have enough room.