Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-06-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
I got the Hampson 2010 Obscura wakeskate. After first use it has stress cracks on the bottom. Anyone else have one of these? Think it's to be expected or defective?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
That should not be happening. I'd call them up.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-06-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
everyone ive seen looks like that after it touches water. they will warranty it but the next one will do the same. make sure you seal up the fin holes too because they will absorb water.
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-07-2010, 4:10 AM Reply   
i rode my onset two days already without any problems, while everybody in the cable park expected it to break in the first five minutes. stress cracks could be from wood getting wet.. maybe... anyways, here's what i did to my onset just before i rode it...

sealed the fin holes with epoxy and coated the whole deck with marine urethane (4 layers)

sealed the top deck screw hole with epoxy (filled the hole halfway with silicon first) to make sure it's water tight

unless it's an Oak or New, wooden wakeskates IMO needs to be sealed up real well before riding it the first time.
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-14-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
That's ridiculous. You pay 200 bones for a wake skate and then i'm suppose to seal the holes and and whole deck? Yeah right... Seems to me they need some REAL engineers designing these...
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
the design is great, they just need better sealant.