Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    100970            08-19-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
I have a 300lb fat sack in the rear and want to put the 600lb sac. Will the fittings be the same so I can use the dash pump. does anyone have a set up outback, need some input. I'm tired of loading up 8 people so I can get a decent wake Thanks Shane
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-19-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
Yes, fat sack fittings should fit your new sack. If I were you, put the 600lb sack in the back and then the 300 in the bow. Your best setup would be to run side sacks on either side of your engine along with this weight. It all depends on how much ballast you want to run though.
Old    100970            08-19-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
Jon can I buy caps for my old sac to seal it off and what type of pump should I use to fill these sacs.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-19-2003, 9:29 AM Reply   
Yeah, you can get caps from the fat sac manufacturer. You can also go to a waterbed store and use the caps for those. I have also heard people using the caps off of ketchup bottles. I don't know if they work or not though. If you want to use an aerator type pump, I would go for a rule 2000gph pump. Some people use reversible pumps, I've heard Simer is good. I'm sure others could help you on this though. I don't know a whole lot about those.
Old     (wakeskier)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-25-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
Jon,

I have a 19ft I/O with a 4.3L EFI
I weight it with 550 lbs in the rear and 600lbs+ in the bow. This is the best setup I have found so far (weight in the bow is key)

The wake stays nice back to 75ft
I still haven't been able to get a good wake past 75ft...
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-25-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
Rick has got it. I had a 18.5 ft I/0 with a 4.3L before I got my Mobius. Put your biggest fat sack in the bow. put about half that much in the back then trim up 1/4 of the way.
Old     (jon43)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-25-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
I have no trim but i can raise and lower the out drive will this help the boat plane with more weight