Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (leokaan)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-05-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
Got a spot in 1 of the palm islands, most likely to buy an Epic 23v.
the islands blockin the sea so the waters completly flat, im not reali an expert... but so far.. epic 23v seems like a good choice of boat to buy.
anyone got any recomendations?
and also next board to get.. plannin on a lighter board since my last one was quite heavy... a byerly legacy 54... and limited me from doin alot of tricks.. so would like help please.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-05-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
if money is not an option and it doesn't seem to be, i would DEFINITELY go with the EPIC. I love that boat, I love what they are doing in the industry. VERY innovative right now. Although i did hear they had some problems with the 8.1 but they worked out he kinks. (motors not really their fault anyway)

My #2 boat if money was no bigs, would be a malibu 23 (with out the illusion tower, but def the swoop tower)

board, dude try the byerly monarch! its 4 pounds man. lightest on the market, and lifetime warranty!
my $.02
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-05-2009, 12:35 PM Reply   
For sure Epic if you want a wakeboard... it is all salt water down there though, a Mastercraft Salt Water Series boat maybe a good choice too.

I love epic though, you will too.
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       03-05-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
It maybe a good idea to look into a salt water package. I do not know if Epic makes one but there are a few out there now.
Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-05-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
Post some photos of your area if you can. From the documentary on the discovery channel it looks like quite a place to live!! Good luck with your search.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-05-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
I don't have anything against Epic, but in the current market, I would look into other brands right now because whether you're buying new or used, there will be more of them for sale and you will get better deals.

With your particular situation, I think a slightly used MC saltwater series or any other boat with saltwater options, it'll still be in great shape and you will save a decent amount of change.
Old     (lowend)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-05-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
Im almost 100% certain that Epic come standard with all the gear to be used in salt water. Closed cooling etc.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-05-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
Epic is standard with Mercruiser closed cooling and a hose flushing attachment to rinse the heat exchanger. All the electrical terminations are are sealed with glued heat shrink. Salt water won't touch them.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-05-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
That's what we have on our boat, super sweet for the salt.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-05-2009, 6:35 PM Reply   
What makes a salt water boat anyway?Is that not just a closed cooling system?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-05-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Closed cooling, all stainless metals, sealed electrical nonsense.... I don't know what else then.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-05-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
Yeah I'd either def go with the salt water edition of whatever or if you dont mind pony'n up the dough, you really should do the Epic 23vE. Electric BRO! Less fuel, no worry about salt water, rechargeable with a 110 or 220, and TONS of TORQUE BRO!

Like i said Epic is real innovative right now, and you can afford it, I personally think rewarding innovation like a hybrid is totally worth it.

(why is Epic not paying me to sell this stuff? i dont know)
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-05-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
HaHa... an electric boat in Dubai. That just strikes me as funny since they are oil rich.

Grab the Epic and don't look back.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-05-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
If money (and gas prices considering the area) isn't an issue, then look into something other than the Epic. There are far nicer looking/feeling boats out there, especially at the price tag the 23v comes at.

Lots of people are all over Epic right now just because it is being innovative with their new engine setup. In the end though, what matters more? That you save some money, or that you love being in your boat all day? I can only imagine that the gas prices in the UAE are far lower than here, so saving on gas wouldn't really be much of an incentive. Massive wakes can be made in other boats as well. The interior however, is not nearly as nice as other boats.

So if you go with an Epic, considering the above, what is the specific benefit to you?
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-05-2009, 9:01 PM Reply   
yeah,

Gas in Dubai must cost like 20 cents. When I was in Saudi a few years back it was costing cents not dollars
Old     (leokaan)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-05-2009, 10:27 PM Reply   
well, im reali considering epic more than mc since mc is like double the price....
and v23's exterior seems extremely durable. specially i like the material they have used for the interior parts, its really strong and wont be damaged from all the board sliding.
Andrew Taft, i considered money,style and durability of the boat and so far epic23v seems to be the affordable boat with the style specially the sound system in the back whic is awesome! and it is also light and strong at the same time and the interior is so durable.

and someone suggested a monarch board that weights only 4 pounds , which model ? :P
Old     (lowend)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-05-2009, 11:34 PM Reply   
Hey Leo what do you do for work man?
Ur profile says ur 17
and u just bought a spot on one of the palm islands. And now looking at the best wakeboard boat on the planet (23V)
If the company you work for is hiring, I am available hahahaa.
Go for the Epic dude.
Old     (leokaan)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-05-2009, 11:54 PM Reply   
Lowend my dad has a watersports company in dubai called sky&sea and he is opening up more spots with contract whic 2 of em are in palm so far as i kno.And as for me i teach beginners how to wakeboard, also i wakeboard as a hobby myself, but ive started off wrong.. like heavy board... not the quite right boat.... so i just wanted to start off right in the palm area so i could get the best wakes to practice on and also give the best experience to people i teach.
still waiting for some help on the board i shud get.
any help would be great
thanks
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-06-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
if you want the best wake....Epic
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-06-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
All I will say is fill that Epics ballast full, ride at 26mph and pull beginners and only give the instruction "edge harder". Please video tape for our enjoyment!

Joking aside, an Epic is a great boat. Hard to go wrong there. When it comes to heavy boards limiting progression, you will learn a tough lesson. The newest, lightest board will do little to make you a better rider, it's all about time on the water and skills. Take for example Mastercraft and CWB pro rider Zane Schwenk, his pro-model Absolute comes in a light weight Platinum core and a pound heavier, foam core. Zane prefers the heavier one for softer landings and the way it feels.

Good luck! Also, there is another young guy on here from UAE, you guys should hang out and shred.
Old     (leokaan)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-06-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
stephan thx alot for the infro :-)
and if u can give me info on the other guy in uae would be great,
thx alot again.
and if anyone wants to check out the work im in
www.watersportsdubai.com