Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-07-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
www.brandxaudiovideo.com

looks interesting but never heard of it before....saw it in a boating industry mag today......
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-07-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
looks cool never heard of it though
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-07-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
Either they are working with Wetsounds, or stole their designs.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-08-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
There's only so many ways to make a speaker. To me, that one doesn't look anything more like Wetsounds than the other 100+ speakers on the market.

(Message edited by olSkoolTige on April 08, 2008)
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-08-2008, 7:07 AM Reply   
NOT working with me AT ALL. I ran into this guy at CES. He claimed he had never seen or heard or us before. I will just leave it at that.
Tim
Wet Sounds

(Message edited by wetsounds1 on April 08, 2008)
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-08-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Forgive my ignorance, but how else would you integrate a mount on top of a round can without having that raised hump? There are only two ways to do it, one is with a raised hump to allow a flat mounting point for clamping, the other is to machine a clamp to fit on a round can. I think it would be VERY VERY difficult to come up with a design for a tower speaker that didn't look like WS, NVS, Skylon, or HSE. (kind of like coming up with a new car design)

Those do look like cheap components though, and after looking at the catalog, some of the stuff appears to be built in the same form factor as Boss Audio and Pyle.

O crap you edited.......

(Message edited by olSkoolTige on April 08, 2008)
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-08-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
well i talked to the guy today, he is going to send me over some info apparently the stuff is brand new, im just interested to see one in person and hear it for myself.....dont get me wrong wetsounds make an outstanding product i just like to see what else is out there.....
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-08-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
Then Checkout Bullets New Hollow Points as well :-)
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-08-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
Well at least they look pretty
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-08-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
They definitely look cool and damn expensive! Those batteries look pretty crazy.