Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    laanis            07-08-2004, 2:50 AM Reply   
Using my combined windsurfing and wakeboarding exp to try kitesurfing soon. Anyone here into kitesurfing, is it easy to pick up, experiences...etc
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-08-2004, 6:38 AM Reply   
are you going to use your wakeboard to kitesurf?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-08-2004, 6:57 AM Reply   
i've done it! I have the setup done it a few times... still looking for fellow rider to ride with and learn..

Overall wasnt too bad... I would start with a lesson... also the dvd Boost and Boost2 is a good instructional dvd for kiteboarding...
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-08-2004, 7:02 AM Reply   
where do you kitesurf at?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-08-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
Were i'm at... have to kite surf in the SF bay! which isnt too bad... done that twice... Also i kitesurf when i go to LA to visit my buddy and also done it in hawaii
Old    laanis            07-08-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
No i wasn't intending on using my board, although why not?! Well i guess ill find out soon, ive booked a 3day level2 Kitesurf course down at Poole Harbour (south coast of England)
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-08-2004, 8:06 AM Reply   
i used my wakeboard... which was cool, but the hardest part as a beginner is getting the board on while the kit is in the air...
Old     (gnarkill)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-08-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
Kooks, that’s all you people are. You need to start telling people that the hardest part about kiteboarding is telling your friends that you tried it and liked it. This is why wakeboarding will always be gayest of the board sports. Let kiteboarding be kiteboarding and don’t drag wakeboarding into your gross-euro trash board sport. Listen up all you kids out there who read this post, don’t associate with kiteboarders, or in the activity of kiteboarding. People will think different of you, and I’m sure the people who have posted on this message board can vouch for that.
Old    1dega            07-08-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
I kiteboard and enjoy it.I just started last year. I dont us my wakeboard becuse it has to much rocker for kiteboarding. You also need a larger board that floats better when you are learning. I am not saying you cant use a wakeboard but it will, not work as nicely as a kiteboard.Just my opinion.
Old    skippy            07-09-2004, 4:10 AM Reply   
whatever turkish,
Old    boofhead            07-09-2004, 4:28 AM Reply   
turkish - you knee board - if you want to talk about a gay sport start right there
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-09-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
knee board...dude stand up!
Old    r_dub            07-09-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Turkish, I dont know weather the kneeboard profile is a sarcastic joke or not, because I cant imagine a kneeboarder making fun of anyone. But regardless, you sound like a complete and total idiot!
Old    fredmurphy            07-12-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
The best place for UK kitesurfers is the BKSA forum. Lots of friendly people and good advice.

(Message edited by fredmurphy on July 12, 2004)