Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-01-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
I need my speakers!

Does anyone know this guy? I can't get ahold of him. I bought a pair of speakers on June 7th. (see thread) http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/173112.html?1088603207

He emailed me and said he would ship the speakers when my check cleared. It cleared on the 16th. I called him and he said he would ship them right away.
Now he doesn't answer emails or phone calls. Apparently the guy that bought the other 4 speakers is having the same problem.
Any ideas?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-01-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
i hope its not another horror story like the matt soyka. hopefully since he's registered at wakeworld you will get the speakers.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-01-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
Hopefully the guy is honest and has just been busy. Please post your progress so the wakeworld community can help you get your product or money back. You have his name, his address and phone number and collecting the money or speakers should not be hard. I can't stand it when people use wakeworld as a place to scam people. Really pisses me off. Lets just hope he has been unable to ship the speakers and is honestly just delayed. Hate to see somebody get ripped off.

(Message edited by colorider on July 01, 2004)
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-01-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
I'm sure I'll get 'em.... I'm just trying to speed up the process. I'm sure he's been busy, but he found the time to cash my check.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-02-2004, 8:38 PM Reply   
left another message on his cell phone today.... no response, no email.

Andrew, he lives in Colorado, you wanna go retreive them for me?
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-05-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
4th of July came and went.... still have heard nothing.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-05-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
Send out my Boys to do some collections? What interest rate you want me to charge him for the delequent shipment?
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-08-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
Do a search in wakeboarding discussion for soyka. Myself and another guy have been scammed by this guy too. Sounds like a road trip to me... :|

http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/show.cgi?1/177910
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-08-2004, 12:29 PM Reply   
My bad, it was another guy who got you. Post his address and we'll pay him a visit too.
Old    r_dub            07-08-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
Someone seriously needs to start up the "Wakeworld Posse" to keep these losers in check!