Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-11-2011, 3:45 PM Reply   
I have a couple of seats that need re-upholstery. I am planning on having a local shop do the work but I want to make sure they use the good stuff. Sooo, anybody know where I can get my hands on the heavy guage, super nice vinyl that is found in the new Malibu's, CC or MC?

Thanks

Bakes
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-11-2011, 4:11 PM Reply   
Not sure what vinyl they use but if its a CC, check out www.nautiqueskins.com
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-11-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
I know for a fact that Sanger uses the vinyls from Keyston. I have a Sanger and spoke with them directly about getting some new stuff.

http://www.keystonbros.com/

I actually have one of the warehouses by my house and went to go look at materials, they have a lot of really nice options.

Last edited by twelve02; 07-11-2011 at 4:31 PM.
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-11-2011, 7:47 PM Reply   
Christine's (Nautique Skins) doesn't sell vinyl, only finished skins. It sucks because I need a piece of Silver Cloud for a panel I want to make so there is no pattern. I'm just waiting for a piece in the for sale bin that is big enough because the project needs to look original.
Old    mojo            07-12-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
Copycat covers
Old     (vtxss)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-12-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
Try this place..yourautotrim.com. They have auto & marine vinyl, leather, and carpet.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-12-2011, 6:33 PM Reply   
How big a piece do you need? If you order the walk-through piece or the throttle pad piece from say a 2000 nautique, nautiqueskins.com will just send you a square piece of unsewn vinyl. There is no sewing on those pieces.
Old     (AdamInMN)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-12-2011, 8:30 PM Reply   
I was able to get samples sent to me from Gary's Upholstery. They're online. I just sent a small sample, and they sent my four or five of their closest matches.

I found one that was a higher quality, and still an exact match.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-18-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
Keep in mind that heavier gauge does not mean higher quality; there is a point of diminishing returns in the gauge where you begin to sacrifice flexibility and risk easier cracking.