Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (ttduncan)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-13-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
anyone been to Powell in the fall? sure the water will not be as warm as July, the air won't either, but there will be lots less people i presume,

thinking of a fall trip.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-13-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
Spectacular in September and October.

Less people and less wind than usual.
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-13-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
I am heading to Powell this Thursday. Water will be a little chilly, but will be worth it to avoid the crowds and get the lower rates on the houseboat.
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-13-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
I just got back water was 78 felt like bath water to me compared to our lakes which 65 is the warmest they get. weather was great and not too many people
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-13-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
We've been two times in mid September.
Awesome both times, perfect weather and water, and no crowds.
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-13-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
There are definetely less crowds this time of year. I bet the water temps are still okay, although I think air temps can get chilly at nite if weather passes through. Plus if you get tired of riding, fishing is usually pretty good this time of year too!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-13-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
Trying to head down this weekend!
Old     (ttduncan)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-13-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
hey, thanks for the info. my kids break is last week of october, but Utah has some holidays this week. so i guess we will pull the kids from school and head this thursday to see some cousins too.

maybe we will see some of you!
Old     (ttduncan)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-13-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
water temp show about 68 on wayneswords, DFTR, your recent pics show you guys are riding in suits in utah lake. will the water/air be cold enough to need suits?

thanks
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-14-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
Duncan ~~ That is up in SLC where the morning temps are hitting less than 40 deg depending which lake and elevation. Powell for me will be chilly and I myself would rock a long wetsuit in the mornings and probably a heater shirt in the afternoon. Which part of the lake are you going to? Were trying to set something up at BullFrog for this weekend. We are looking into renting a small boat or something to get out on the water since the boat broke down 2 weeks ago and we brought it back to Salt Lake.
Old     (ttduncan)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-14-2008, 7:21 AM Reply   
DFTR,
we will be camping in Stanton Creek, near BF. i was thinking the same for the suits, in Denver, we have not needed the suits yet, but water was at 65 and have had a good sun to warm up. so i guess i was thinking the same for LP.

last January we rented a bullforg baja beater for a day. we thought that the money we would save on gas towing would be worthwhile. we had 2 adults and one kid, we could barely get up, the prop threw half a blade, fuel was 14gal/hr we decided it would have been better to tow.

our main riding day will be Friday, saturday i think we are going to rainbow, then packing out Sunday (i have a 9 hr drive home) if you want to hit up for a ride, i could sure use a lesson from you.

let me know how to contact you.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-14-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
Nice, I will let you know if we head down for sure. I know right wear Stanton Creek Bay is, my family camps there every Aug for our family trip! This trip I was planning on leaving my gear home but if there is a chance I can get out with ya that would be cool. Heading down to rainbow, that's a good drive in itself from BF Bay! I will keep you updated if the wife and I head down for the season ending trip. If we head down we will show up mid Friday and leave early Sunday. Where do you plan on riding, BF Bay is always a gamble due to boat traffic. Have you rode Halls Creek Bay, some of the best riding do to having a shoreline to break the rollers down.
Old     (jcocci)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-14-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
We went just a few weeks ago; it was the best boating trip we have ever had and the best time to go to Powell. Later in the year is the absolute best time to go according to anyone that has been at that time. It wasn't crowded and the weather was great. We were over off of Warm Creek Bay.