Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-10-2010, 12:07 AM Reply   
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
The Big Bang Treaty
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-10-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Fox News lies to us? Who da thunk? Oh wait that's right. They did go to court and win a case to assert their right to lie.
Old    deltahoosier            04-10-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
Are you two really this easy? John flashes to a few sentences from a NPR piece and then flashes to fox news talking with Newt and Sean talking about what Obama actually said (what ever that is) and then piecing them together to make it look like they were talking about the treaty parts that NPR was showing. It sounds like they are talking about words that Obama himself used. On the Reagan thing. I think after his reduction by a third we had well over 10,000 of these things. Not quite the same I am afraid and again, we still don't know the full context of what the people on fox news were talking about.

Are you two this really this intellectually swindled?

Last edited by deltahoosier; 04-10-2010 at 1:24 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-10-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   

lulz
Old    deltahoosier            04-10-2010, 4:41 PM Reply   
You are still way to easy my friend. Your boy stewart just took a small piece of the report and fed it too you and place another discussion in. The part of the NPR he showed you was the part that talked about countries such as Iran and North Korea that were not part of the nuclear proliferation treaty. He actually has deviated from traditional posture of anyone who uses those weapons will be nuked (or could be.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/06/world/06arms.html

Mr. Obama’s strategy is a sharp shift from those of his predecessors and seeks to revamp the nation’s nuclear posture for a new age in which rogue states and terrorist organizations are greater threats than traditional powers like Russia and China.

It eliminates much of the ambiguity that has deliberately existed in American nuclear policy since the opening days of the cold war. For the first time, the United States is explicitly committing not to use nuclear weapons against nonnuclear states that are in compliance with the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, even if they attacked the United States with biological or chemical weapons or launched a crippling cyberattack.

White House officials said the new strategy would include the option of reconsidering the use of nuclear retaliation against a biological attack, if the development of such weapons reached a level that made the United States vulnerable to a devastating strike.

Again, half truths dipped in a comedy coating to make it easy digesting for the public.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2010, 6:47 PM Reply   
The stupidity of the fox News/Rush/Beck et al coverage of this Nukes thing is as follows IMO.

From my understanding the provision is that we are saying that we will not use nukes against a country that does not have nukes

Wow, that is a big deal why? We have the ability to eliminate any non nuke power 50 times over regardless

Either way you know damn well that when it comes down to brass tacks that we will use whatever we f'in feel like using in that scenario. This is a non-event IMO.
Old    bigdtx            04-10-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
At the rate the Republicans are going this guy will be their nominee in 2012...
Attached Images

Old    deltahoosier            04-11-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
What they are saying is we will not nuke another country even if they launch a biological or chemical weapon attack providing they are in the nuclear treaty. We supposedly don't have those weapons anymore. You could interpret it as go ahead and gas us an we may shoot a tamahawk at you. I agree that if it comes to it we would still pull the trigger. The Obama policy is window dressing for others. I don't really agree with the posture of it, but, I don't think it will really change things. I am not too worried about it.

On the other hand, John Stewart is not as virtuous as people think either. He just did what they accused Fox of doing.

Big D. Even if that guy was the presidential nominee, the democrats will still look at you and tell you that republicans hate black people.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       04-11-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
Seems to me the big part of the new Obama Nuclear program is the fact that we will not design any new weapons. we are saying to the rest of the world that we will only use old technology and you guys can and will develop new technology. taking any option off the table will allow our enemies to know what they can do without our nuclear retaliation.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-11-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
What the hell is the deal about new technology when it comes to nukes? Doesn't everyone realize that if we ever have to resort to launching nukes, that it's, the world is over? I mean why do we need "new technology" when it comes to nuclear weapons. Do we really need the new missile that is capable of wiping out a whole country?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       04-11-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
The world is full of big nukes. The new technology will be nukes that are more accurate with less collateral damage ( bunker busters and such)
we don't need bombs that blow up whole countries. The whole reason the " Cold War" was a cold war was because we both had nukes and they Soviet Union leaders and Our leaders knew that launching one was not going to be good for either country. Logical minds knew best. Throw in the illogical twisted minds of some of the leaders of Iran and North Korea and you have a very dangerous world if they get nukes that they can deploy.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-12-2010, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Fox News lies to us? Who da thunk? Oh wait that's right. They did go to court and win a case to assert their right to lie.
First off, the people talking on Fox are not always so bright, but don't confuse Op Ed discussions with news. Something most I Hate Fox They Lie people seem to be confused of on a regular basis.
Old    deltahoosier            04-12-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
Nukes have shelf life. They need reprocessing. You also need young scientists that know how to build these things. If you don't build one for a decade or so, you kind of lose the expertise on how to design and produce them. It is not always the need for new bombs that out do the old ones.