Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-24-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
They started this event last year and I thought it was a really cool idea. Team Hyperlite won the $20,000 and now it's back again with the money up to $25,000 since Ronix is also going to be joining Liquid Force, Gator, CWB and Hyperlite as the five teams competing.

I'd love to go watch these guys and see what they're like when they're competing as teams!

Here is the press for this year's event, which will take place in about three weeks: http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1805

Here are the results from last year's event: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1301
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
I am going to try and make it up there. Sounds like a fun comp. It is a weird location for such a high profile event.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-24-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
I'm stoked with the event, disappointed with the dates, same weekend as Canadian Nationals.

I'll be happily getting my ass kicked at nationals.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-24-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
I'll fly you buy Dave
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-24-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
Close to home, were going for sure. I'm guessing it will be a little more chill then the tour & should make it a lot more fun. Looking forward to seeing all the guys. Are the girls riding? Hope so.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-24-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Washington needed a good event.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-24-2008, 10:18 PM Reply   
Man, I really want to go, but right now I'm going camping, I might have to skip that. It's literally like 10 miles down the road from my home lake.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-25-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
I love it. Here's an idea Josh Sanders was kicking around with a team concept. Teams of 4 or so riders that ride on their own teams' boat and team's drive themselves. Example- Team Oakley has 4 riders and they have a Master Craft as their team boat. They would wrap their boat however they want with sponsors decals- like a race car. They can weight it however they like and they drive their own boat. Team Rip Curl would do the same with the boat of their choice. I don't know how you would seed or set up heats but the idea is it is your team boat and driver your riding behind. Set it up like you want.

I think that would be awesome. I think sponsors would love having the boat wrapped in their company logo. It would give it a whole new dimenesion plus the riding should be awesome since you would actually have control of the wake. The boat company's whose boats are winning these would love it too.
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
David Hair, how would that work with so much crossover though. Guys have a boat sponsor, board, glasses, vests, clothing, energy drink whatever. Who would the guys end up riding for or are they on multiple teams at the same time?

I like the team challenge idea but I would think you'd have to limit it to one product at a time like this one, which board company has the best team. I love the idea, does each team just submit a certain number of riders and take cumulative score or do they average it out for all riders on a team?

It would be neat if later the boat companies sponsored a second touney with each of their riders.

(Message edited by rico80 on July 25, 2008)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-06-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
I just got info on most of the teams that are going to be at the event. Here is the line-up as I write this. Obviously, the teams are free to change riders any time them want before the event starts.

- Hyperlite - JD Webb, Aaron Rathy, Erik Ruck, Jimmie LaRiche and Jacob Valdez
- Liquid Force - Kevin Henshaw, Shawn Watson, Mike Ennen, Bob Soven
- Ronix - Chad Sharpe, Danny Harf, Adam Errington
- Gator - Kyle Rattray, AJ Racinelli, Ricky G.
- CWB - No rider list available yet

Which team do you think has the edge??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-06-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
hyperlite
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-06-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
hype for sure but the ronix squad looks legit.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-06-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
I'm liking CWB right now, haha by not saying who's on the team they are striking fear into the others with the unknown. It's all strategy baby!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-06-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
Given the contest format their using, wake, rail jam & D-up, Hyperlite looks real strong on paper, with Ronix a close 2nd. I think I will roll up and check it out, should be a lot of fun.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
For CWB my guess would be A.Adkinson,G.Lucas,B.Hutton.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-06-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
It's in Nick Jones backyard, might see him for CWB
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
Ok add Nick too, that would be a great team.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-06-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
The link isn't working. Where's the event being held? I see Washington...?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
Right in my back yard, I will be there for sure. This close to home (Tacoma) gotta go!! I will be in spot 25 (rv) looking forward to seeing you all there! peace !
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-06-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
Nevermind, it works on the home page. Why do I have to be out of town that weekend?!?!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-06-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
nick, try this one: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1805
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-06-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
Sorry about that. The link works now.