Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (liquidforce21i)      Join Date: May 2006       05-11-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
Any thoughts? im going to look at one and would like to get some feedback particularly on this year or one close to it? wake? problems? reliability?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-11-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
The direct drive launch was one of the original boats that started the wakeboard scene. It will produce a great wake when you weight it and you can also ski it. Definitely a solid boat and you will not find anyone that says otherwise. All depends on the price though of course. If possible I would get one with the hydraulic wake plate, but not a must. I had an 03 and loved it. Ended up moving to a V drive for space and comfort... There are lots of folks on here with that boat, so I am sure you will get some response.. Good luck!
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
I have the Launch 22 SS and the wake is as good (just wider) as my bros 04 Malibu VLX. Steep but adjustable with the wakeplate. I am going to try surfing with it this year and yes it does make a great slolam boat. The only issue I have is that it has the early ballast pump systems where one pump fills both the back and rear ballast bags/tanks and that does take a while. It is a shame that Supra does not build the Launch DD anymore.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-12-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
i have an 02 launch SL (predecessor of the SS mentioned above). same hull as the prior generation SSV's. great wake w/proper additional weight, solid performance, and a pretty fair slalom wake for a 22 ft boat.