Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-07-2005, 6:23 PM Reply   
Just found out for sure that Keith Lidberg now rides fulltime for Gator Boards.
Hes said to be riding the Militant.
Good choice Keith!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-07-2005, 7:35 PM Reply   
I saw that in the wakeboarding magazine. Also Tim Kovacich is riding their wakeskate line up. Gator is now got a solid team. Same for Liquid Force. Finally, someone is competing with Hyperlite.
Old    murrayair            04-07-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
I'm really impressed with the way Gator has put together their team. They've got some really great riders. It's always nice to see people sign with companies other than HL, LF, and CWB.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-07-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
I bet were going to start seeing Gator Boards more and more over this summer.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-07-2005, 10:53 PM Reply   
What I like about gatorboards is how they have a major league old school contingent going on. brannon meek is on it, obviously gator, mike weddington was listed as a rider, I like to add randy harris on that list because he was like a 15 year old grom when I started to ride, and then you have drew mcguckin and ryan byerly.

For my next board, I'm definitely going to check out a GB or one of collin's boards...these guys psyche me up and I'm happy to see that they're involving themselves in the industry like this. Our saviors...
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-08-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
Right on dude
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-08-2005, 9:01 AM Reply   
What about the Lidberg pro model that just came out of D-up. Kinda sucks, eh. Interesting the politics/cash that drives the game. Don't forget to add Gerry Nunn to that team. Serious old school talent. Lidberg will add some fresh blood to that crew. He definitely throws down.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-08-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
Yeah, jerry is oldschool and he does have some talent, for sure. I didn't add him because I'm a biased little jerk, so the guys I listed kind of hold a special place in my heart, because they're the guys I first saw when I got into wakeboarding :-). As parks said in retrospect, "that's your chicken salad cover!" or something to that effect.

There's a tumble turn in that mag that I mulled over while fishing on lake superior...

Anyway, it sure seems like gator has something good going on if he's picking up all of this "fresh blood." either that, or some of these people see that there needs to be a change in the industry...or maybe not and I'm just being too political;)
Old     (player)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-08-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
they also got ryan doyle, heard they're already preparing his pro model
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-08-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
Actually Keith already has a pro model in the works for Gator!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-08-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
Dood. That'll be pimp. GB needs some fresh molds. I wish they would have shown up at the pleasanton boat show so we could talk to the reps. So far they have very little west coast representation.

I still say it's kind of a strange deal to get a pro model from D-Up and split right away. I've heard nothing, but good about the D-Up board. I wonder whose pro model it'll be next year. Maybe they'll be like Blindside and instead of putting a pro name on the board they'll just make a sticker and put it on the board before shipping. ha, ha
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-08-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
Doyle's skate is sick! Got to shoot him riding it last week. He's got a cartoon image of himself on the bottom that's dope.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-08-2005, 8:04 PM Reply   
Any pics you can load of that?