Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
I'm going through the same thing that I would bet the majority of you guys are...boat is in the garage, all cleaned up inside and out, got some new toys on the boat, and it hurts just sitting there looking at it. So is anyone out there riding in a wetsuit yet? In north Georgia, the water temp is still upper 40's and the air temp highs have been b/t 55-75. I've got a basic wetsuit and was wondering if that would be enough to "survive" out there. So what's the coldest conditions that anyone is riding out there in right now? Post it up!!
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2005, 8:03 AM Reply   
Not right now but in previous years I have gone out with ice still on the sides of the river. Water temp was 32 and air temp was 40. This was dry suit weather though
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-15-2005, 8:26 AM Reply   
I was out on the north end of Lake Lanier this weekend with a wet suit. Air temp was in the 60s and the water temp was upper 40s. It was chilly but really not that bad at all. Only my hands and toes were really cold.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
Dave...that's awesome news. Now I know its possible so I've got no excuse to not get out there. Just out of curiousity, do you own a red Mobius X? I saw someone rovering a really sick Mobius near holiday marina late Saturday afternoon (was up there just checking out the lake and looking at boats) and I'm wondering if that was you?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-15-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
Last weekend in Houston, TX it hit 92, not a cloud in the sky...water temp was probably at 60-65.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-15-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
Nope. Supra 24SSV and we ride up near Bolling Bridge. Are you a member of www.wakeboardatlanta.com?

Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Dave...great looking SSV...looks like the pic was taken at Harbor Point Yacht club, although I could be wrong. I just moved to Atlanta two years ago after graduating from college and spent last summer wakeboarding behind my girlfriend's family's 26' Chaperall deck boat (which is dry docked at Holiday). After one summer of that nonsense, I decided I needed a towboat of my own...so I just bought a 2000 X-5. I've never ridin at the top of the lake before (been up there a few times though), I've only been riding at 4 mile creek near the dam at the South end. Too much traffic...so I'm looking for a good place to go this year with my X-5...I think the area near Harbor Point is where I'm going to start off at. Is this near Bolling Bridge?? I'm going to start off putting in at Little Hall right after the big green bridge on 306.

Is the water pretty good up there at the top of the lake? Also, I like your Fusion speakers...can you hear those when riding 70'+ behind your boat?

Thanks for the comments.
Old    powerstroke            03-15-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
i live in north florida and sounds like we have similar weather. i have been in the water since end of january(full wet suit) and the other day it made it to 75 and i rode with just shorts. when i was a kid i rode at our lake in northern cali with 2 feet of snow on the beach in march. sick i know. would i do it now??????? hell no!!! go ride man.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
Ryan...you're right...I need to quit being a sissy, throw on the suit, and go hit it!!! Thanks man.

Adam...I'm jealous of your Houston weather...you should ride every weekend from here on out!!
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-16-2005, 3:49 AM Reply   
Yep, get in the water.

Andrew, I emailed you (if that is the correct email address in your profile)
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-16-2005, 3:35 PM Reply   
Female rider from Sacramento, CA here... water temp is 55 degrees, air temp 60's... Click here for PROOF of riding in the COLD in my dry suit. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/litlone873/slideshow2?.dir=/47ca&.beg=77&.src=ph

As soon as the air temp gets into the 70's and the SUN COMES OUT, I will be switching to my wet suit for the rest of the spring.

If I can do it, anyone can.