Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
I saw a pic on Instagram of Nicola in the hospital..... I think. Was she hurt at Nationals?
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-06-2012, 9:04 AM Reply   
We were at Nationals and saw her run. She fell on a jump but it didn't look like a bad crash. When they pulled her back up she threw the rope and took off her board. They got her up on the swim platform and she looked like she was in a lot of pain, the announcer was talking about a back injury that she had been nursing for a couple weeks. They called an ambulance and took her out on a back board. I hope she is doing ok, she looked to be in quite a bit of pain.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-06-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
She had a bad back and posted about it at PWT and even during nationals and sounds like she was going to be getting an mri this week to check for buldged or slipped disk.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-06-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
That SUX
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
yeah. Way to young for disk problems.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
I was there, someone did say something about her back I guess from a previous problem? She did manage to remove her own board while she was in the water, but I could tell she was in a lot of pain after that. Maybe someone can confirm, I know her dad is on this site sometimes. I saw Will Christien at the hotel that night but she didn't have any details about her injury.

Anyway, thoughts and prayers to Nicola for a speedy recovery.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-07-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
Will Christien is hot
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-07-2012, 5:47 PM Reply   
I really hope she's ok. I've had a few back issues and it's certainly not much fun. She is my favorite female rider. She does this mute scarecrow that looks so sick, I've been trying to copy it without much success.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-08-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Hope she can sort it out without back surgery as I can attest back surgery SUCKS! I will say that for all the people that told me not to do it and I was to young(30 when I had it) I would choose to do it again and again over taking pain pills for the rest of my life.