Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-22-2010, 4:30 PM Reply   
ok so in the middle of the board there is a crack. Its right on the bottom of the board. Its about 8 inches long, in the direction of one side of the board to the other. (Heel to toe directed). Now how do I fix it so it is strong and rigid. Not just epoxy it so its sealed. Is there a sealer that will fill in the crack itself? Hopefully planning on still using it as a slider board. Help....anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-22-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
maybe description was confusing, the crack id in the very middle of the board, on the bottom . It is a straight line from the heel side to the toe side. Slingshot reflex
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-22-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
Toast
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-22-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
ahhh but the crack isnt even thick its just like i said about 8 in in length and is less depth than a binding hole insert on the top of the board
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-22-2010, 5:46 PM Reply   
Kiss it goodbye
Old    ScottRobinson            06-22-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
I agree you are toast man. You can try some temp solutions but one hit and you are done. Sorry wish it wasn't so. Check on the warranty, maybe you can get a new one from them.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-22-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
Just ride it as a slider board and when it disintegrates don't be too surprised. You can seal it but there is nothing that can bring back the strength once the glass is compromised.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-22-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
yeah she is fried. One of two things happened either you crack the top sheet, the foam core, or both, guess that means one of three things happened. Either way it done. I would not suggest using it as a rail board if it snaps completely in half you could get wasted pretty bad. Hang it on the wall, its a war story.