Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (larry6)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-09-2003, 12:54 PM Reply   
Good afternoon all
I am thinking about booking a cabin on Shasta next summer and was wondering if anyone has any input as fare as the location. I am not too familiar with the lake other than what i see every time i drive across it going up to Oregon...
The location of the cabin is near Doney Creek at the northern part of the lake. It is supposedly near Lakeshore Marina and is right around the corner from Antlers. I guess what i am looking for is your input as in is this a good location for some good boarding or can someone recommend a better location for a cabin? I tried a house boat last year but with kids it may be easier trying a cabin this year.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Old    jetpilotrider03            12-09-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
well, man..it all depends on how dedicated you are, shasta is my home lake and i find the water really sh*tty on the weekends.but during teh week you can find great water, you are really far from my favorate spots (upper mcloud), so i would recomond an early mornin and evening ride at lakehead, or go to obrian inlet..which is pretty good...what time of the year are you goin? that makes a big difference....
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-09-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
Larry a bunch of WakeWorlders will be there from July 5 thru the 11th.

Salt creek is not to bad if you have an experienced driver.

Old     (larry6)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-09-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
These are the only dates I can get...
June 12th - 19th
Aug. 14th -21st, 21st - 28th, & 28th - Sept. 4th

Are there any cabins that you would recomend up in that area? I want to stay on the water where I can see my boat if i can.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-09-2003, 4:07 PM Reply   
Larry, the place to go is Siverthorn resort. They have great little rustic cabins, a pizza parlor & bar, moorage facilities, stores, gas dock & Ian Kirk's wakebaord school. In my opinion, the best water on the lake is in that area. You can ride both the Pit arm & Squaw Arm. I don't like the area where your cabin is. Sorry.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-09-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
Phaeton, where will primarily you be in Shasta. We have a houseboat up there. Maybe we can hook up.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-09-2003, 4:24 PM Reply   
There will be at least one houseboat up the Pit arm. We will be up the Sac arm at Shasta Lake RV Resort. Go wakin should be up the McCloud. We plan on making several trips all over the lake this trip to meet other WakeWorlders.

www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (larry6)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-09-2003, 5:29 PM Reply   
Guys thanks for the feedback, Maybe i willjust RV it up there this year instead of a cabin..
Phaeton is it a crowded house that time of year in that Park? I have youngsters I have to watch out for if u know what I mean... Is there a good web site for those locations you guys speak of? I guess I can search
Thanks again for the help.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-09-2003, 6:49 PM Reply   
Larry be sure and check out the Tasadi (sp) cabins. They are up that way and seem to be pretty nice.
It will be busy that week with the 4th of July and all. Shasta is huge though and you can almost always find good water.

We have three kids ourselves so the campground works good for us. There is a pool and a little store. They also play a movie every night for the kids to watch. Family orientated campground.

By far the best time for Shasta is in Sept. A longer walk to the boat since the water level is lower but the lake is dead.

It would be cool if you could make the trip we have meet so many people from WakeWorld. Some of them have become really close friends of ours. Great people.

http://www.shastacounty.com/shastalake/

Old     (kneebone)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-10-2003, 9:25 AM Reply   
Larry, Sugarloaf Resort is right across from salt creek on the Sac arm. They have cabins w/ air cond and BBQ's. Volleyball court and a dock w/ a break water. I have to agree w/ the others though, The Pit or the McCloud are the places to go. Shasta is my home lake and the sac arm near lakehead is so crowded with idiots, I won't go there anymore. I'm at the lake at least 2x a week April-Oct. Yes Sept is nice because nobody is there, but May is even better. The water is up, spring suit maybe, and the air temp is around 80.

Good Luck