Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2012, 4:31 AM Reply   
http://news.yahoo.com/energy-secreta...193900713.html
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-19-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
Too soon to lower gas prices. It has to be closer to next Nov.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-19-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
Nothing new. His stance on gas prices has been known for years. Liberals just choose to ignore it.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-19-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
We liberals feel very charitable towards the oil companies.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-19-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
I heard Obama just cashed a checked for a billion dollars from Exxon. I also saw him at a gas station changing the prices on the sign.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-19-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
Exactly
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-19-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
What was the change in gas prices during the Bush administration from the day he took office to when he left? What about Obama? % change anyone?

Not that it matters; people give the President way too much credit for things like gas prices, the world economy and ours, etc.

Here's a little history chart:
http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html

How much influence do you think the President has on gas prices? Looking at this, it seems another economic collapse would be the best thing for bringing down gas prices.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       04-19-2012, 6:50 PM Reply   
Gas is cheap. It costs about the same as it did in '79. The reason the price appears high is inflation. Inflation is just one of the many hidden taxes our government subjects us to.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/armentano...ntano29.1.html
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-20-2012, 5:31 AM Reply   
Good article and IMHO, the weak doolar alao inflates prices.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-20-2012, 7:31 AM Reply   
What the hell does bush have to do with this? Since it skyrocketed under him we have to be ok with it now?Psst. Bush isn't president anymore! We have a current president that has said publicly that he is in favor of higher gas prices to further his agenda on alternative fuels. I am all for alternative fuels, but;

1) We don't need to go broke developing it
2) The current alternative fuels are a joke and only creating more problems (see ethanol,Corn prices, and other subsidies).
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-21-2012, 5:45 PM Reply   
"We have a current president that has said publicly that he is in favor of higher gas prices to further his agenda on alternative fuels."
I am calling BS! That is just not true. Show the clip in its entirety, You cannot do it! I could see him saying something like "if gasoline prices continue to rise, then alternate fuels will be more important", but the reality is if gas prices continue to rise we just shift over to electric cars that would be powered by coal.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-22-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
Or people will buy more efficient vehicles and use less gas.
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-22-2012, 4:52 PM Reply   
The boss paid $1.17 an equivalent gallon for natural gas here in AZ and filled his car up with gas at work, at home, and at his cabin and was basically paid to install the systems...

My dad paid $0.69 an equivalent gallon for methane that he runs in his 97% stock pickup and my mom's Lincoln in IL. He paid $1.65 a gallon for Red Diesel...
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       04-22-2012, 6:01 PM Reply   
I wouldn't mind running NG. It burns a lot cleaner, I would assume similar to propane. Ever pull part an engine that was run on propane? They look like brand new parts, very minimal carbon buildup or general dirtiness inside. Oil stays cleaner a lot longer too, and you can make some pretty serious power from the stuff (need a lot more compression). My issues would be tank size and location (I like to use my trunk or pickup bed), range (given tank location constraints) and to a lesser extent fuel availability. For a daily driver econobox it's not a big deal if I can only fill at home or a handful of places... If the thing can go 300+ miles highway between fillups.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       04-22-2012, 6:04 PM Reply   
On the flip side, even at $5/gal it's cheaper to drive your old 15-ish MPG vehicle than buy a brand new econobox. You'll never make back your money vs just driving the old gas hog. Now an old 30+ MPG econobox, you can save a lot.

Personally I'm going to buy an old 30+ MPG econobox when I find one in acceptable condition. Whether gas is $2/gal or $8/gal it's easy savings with a '60s car. Waste not want not.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-23-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
"When asked by Harwood if higher gas prices were an incentive to shift to alternative means of energy, Obama said the U.S. has "been slow to move in a better direction when it comes to energy usage." When Harwood followed up and asked if the higher prices then could actually help, Obama responded this way:

"I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly U.S. automakers, then I think ultimately, we can come out of this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now.""

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...-on-gas-prices