Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-04-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
So I like in Chicago and was going to take a ride to Michigan tomorrow to look at a Supra that currently has a lien on it but need some info because I am not familiar with this. If all went well I was planning on purchasing boat and taking it home tomorrow but the credit union where the guy has the loan is closed on weekends. I threw out idea of going during the week but loan company said an out of state cashiers check takes 3-4 days to clear and that only way I could leave with title and boat was if i paid cash (which i dont want to walk out of a bank with that much cash). This has to have been done before numerous times before and how does it work? thanks
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-04-2011, 1:56 PM Reply   
I was thinking a cashiers check was the same in any state. Seems odd. Well, when I did my out-of-state deal, I paid cash and yes it was scary having that much cash on me at one time, but the deal was worth it. Maybe yours is too.

Last edited by skongolf; 11-04-2011 at 1:59 PM. Reason: Misread post
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-04-2011, 2:20 PM Reply   
I would say cash works, except from Chicago to Michigan means only one thing.... Gary, Indiana.... and with a pocket full of cash I would be nervous too.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-04-2011, 2:41 PM Reply   
well theres a tcf bank up there but i still feel weird about it. Cashiers check is held for a few days before its cashed...meaning no title.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       11-04-2011, 3:50 PM Reply   
Pay with the cashiers check, take the boat and have the title sent when the check clears.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-04-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
X2 on what Kirk said, or just take cash. You won't look any different driving down the street with a wad of money in your pocket then you would with a check in your pocket.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-04-2011, 5:49 PM Reply   
Open an account at his bank, transfer the money to yours, then his and get a free toaster. If you have an account at both banks do wire fees apply both ways ? curious, I dont know. In house stamp fees will be waved for sure.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-04-2011, 6:11 PM Reply   
Man a toaster would be sweet haha. Think I'm just going during week and wiring money. The walking out of bank with that much money isn't going over good with me and even with bill of sale the hoping title gets sent would other me
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-05-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
X3 on what Kirk said I did this once selling my 95 supersport the guy brought me 18,500 cash on the weekend, he left with the boat and once the title was sent to me I just mailed it to him. Same thing but I used a cashiers check to buy my 24v and waited for the title to be sent to me.
Old    bigdtx            11-05-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
Wire transfer is easy - probably cost you about 20 bucks.
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-05-2011, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I would say cash works, except from Chicago to Michigan means only one thing.... Gary, Indiana.... and with a pocket full of cash I would be nervous too.
Ha!
Old     (Thrall)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-07-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
Take cash! It's easier to haggle on price when you're waving Benjamins in his face.
Why are you worried about carrying cash? Like others said, you won't look any different driving down the street with a pack of hundos in the glovebox.
Did you just get mugged recently? Or ever?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-08-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
X2, you can get robbed with $2 in your pocket. Betta hide yo kids!
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-08-2011, 9:22 PM Reply   
Just bought 05 supra 21 v today did wire transfer and it worked ok. Took little bit of time but worked