Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    nooner            06-07-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
Took the 2000 SAN that I picked up used in December. Well it has been running pretty good. Until today. I felt the tranny slip a few times. Happened worse when I was pulling someone right from the start. The boat was loaded down pretty heavy. I have not checked the fluid level yet. Have any of you guys had this happen Any suggestions as to what it is. I was thinking of going ahead and changing the fluid. What kind of fluid do I need? How many quarts? Any feedback would be appreciated
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2004, 9:16 PM Reply   
You're out of ATF, check the seals before using it again (after filling, duh!).

That's one of those things you should check EVERY single time you go out.
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-08-2004, 4:57 AM Reply   
Assuming you are running Dextron III in the tranny, if your fluid level is full (or over full) and the fluid is pink and foamy then your oil cooler may be leaking water into the fluid. I would not expect this to be happening on a 2000 but anything is possible. Were the previous owners running it in salt water?
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-08-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
Are you sure your prop wasn't losing grip in the water under the loaded conditions? a slipping prop sounds like a slipping tranny.

(Message edited by rson on June 08, 2004)
Old    nooner            06-08-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
JimR: Yes the previous owners were using it in Salt water.

Rich: I thought it was the prop also but sometimes it does it when we are taking off slow. I do have a spare prop I was thinking of installing before I went out next time. Ofcourse going to check the tranny level.
Old    tommyadrian5            06-08-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
yea, you're tranny fluid is low, i have a slow leak (extremely slow) somewhere in my mc's tranny, i first noticed it out on the lake when i was accellerating hard and my tranny slipped. Filled it back up to its correct level and no problem. I added an AT leak stopper/seal conditioner to it when i changed it at the end of last season, and the level has stayed constant throughout this season so far, but the leak was so slow (took a whole season before it leaked so low it slipped) that it really isn't a big deal. Its a saltwater (well, brackish) boat, so these little things are expected.
Old    nooner            06-09-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
checked the tranny fluid today, while in the garage..with it cold. it was very low. I am going to go ahead and drain it..and Replace it with new. It was not burnt looked like new. Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how it does. Taking her out friday "weather permitting ofcourse" To give her a test drive.
Old    nooner            06-14-2004, 4:59 AM Reply   
Took her out Friday. No slipping at all. It was just low level. I went ahead and changed the Vdrive oil and Engine oil too while I was at it. Thanks for all the advice.