Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-25-2011, 8:07 PM Reply   
So I put a couple of posts up regarding my radio shutting off after I hit about 1800 RPM's - the only time it does it is when the prop is engaged and above 1800 RPM. Once I get below 1800 it turns back on automatically but always default to the tuner. It doesn't do it when I rev it in neutral above 1800 RPM and the voltage appears to be in the 12.6 - 13.6 range.

I rewired the radio power and ground directly to the amp power/ground distribution blocks thinking there was something in the inline wiring that may be causing the issue. That didn't help, but today the radio was produced a clipping sound today which tells me the battery is dead - just bought it 2 months ago ? The amps also seemed to be clicking on and off - specifically the larger amp. The smaller amp seemed to stay powered, but was very distorted and clippy. I thought for a moment the amp was bad, but then the clipping started. I have no other electrical problems and did notice when I was blowing up the tube with two pumps the performance of the pumps varied depending if I had only one on or both. I also checked the voltage directly at the amp distribution blocks and looked OK prior to going out today and before the clipping I had today. It is clear the battery has discharged, but the question is the battery the source of the problem?

Thoughts or recommendations?