Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old                05-13-2001, 4:54 PM Reply   
wtf? i thought a hs fronroll was just another name for a tantrum...? like a ts frontroll u roll the board over u like a barrel roll toward the boat. on a tantrum u do the same thing just hs: on a tantrum u roll the board over u like a barrel roll toward the boat. the only difference being that one u like do a front flip and the other u do a back flip, same concept as hs rolls. so why is everyone tellin me that a hs frontroll is like a front flip?
Old                05-14-2001, 2:31 AM Reply   
I think I saw the difference today. A tantrum is more of a forward somersault motion and the HS Frontroll is like a giant cartwheel. Not sure if that helps.
Old                05-14-2001, 5:20 AM Reply   
Confucius say:
HS Frontroll = hs cut with a head over heels. Aka Mexican backroll. LOOKS LIKE a frontflip not a cartwheel.
TS Frontroll = ts cut with a head over heels. Again, looks like a frontflip not a cartwheel.

Tantrum = hs or ts cut, back flip.

Then you have your hs and ts Frontflips, hs and ts Backrolls which all LOOK LIKE cartwheels.

Old                05-14-2001, 12:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tutorial, melanie, it's really hard to sort these names out. With flips called rolls and cartwheels called flips, no wonder!

Part of the charm of a sport where the first gets to pick the name I guess.

Anyway, I'm going to cut and paste your little explanation for reference.
Old                05-16-2001, 3:57 PM Reply   
i the "Class in Session" videos, back rolls look nuthin like cartwheels. the look like barrel rolls like all ROLLS do....its an end over end flip not like a nose to tail flip like a "front flip".
Old                05-16-2001, 8:23 PM Reply   
Damn it!.....For the last time THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A HS FRONT ROLL. Some things you do may look like a front roll but the def. of a FRONT ROLL is that it ia toeside. Now can we please avoid this topic in the future!
Old                05-16-2001, 9:10 PM Reply   
Confucius is a liar. First of all who told this dummy there is such thing as a ts Tantrum? LOL
Old                05-17-2001, 9:08 AM Reply   
I hate this arguement. It is all symantics. Basically our forefathers were not specific enough when they were naming these tricks. Dont stress over it. It isnt something to argue about. However, it was explained to me in a pretty cool and understandable way. I didnt get it until I rode for a while, then it became logical to me. Imagine youself lying on the floor. Now "rolling" from side to side is the movement of a roll. Now if you were to "flip" forward or backwards it is the movement of a flip. So, Ill probably get totally flamed for this, In my opinion a HS front roll is an S-Bend. Well, what happens on a mexican roll where your moving backwards but doing a front flip like an inward on a diving board? Inward flips have never been something discussed in wakeboarding, but it has been named a mexican backroll, so let it stick.
Just my .02
Old                05-17-2001, 9:54 PM Reply   
Thank You Shane!


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:21 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us