Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-06-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
Anyone know of anyone riding in Cabo I could hook up with next week 11/10-11/17? A few years ago I rode with Andrea Gayton while I was there but I can't find anything about her now. Has anyone been there recently and seen any signs of wakeboarding? When I google it I just get the normal resort junk.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-06-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
Not sure about Wakeboarding down there, but you can go to Costa Azul surf shop and rent a board to do some mellow surfing. There was a X45 in the harbor the last time I was down there. I bet if you got out early in the morning the bay would be decent if the fishing boats don't roll it out too bad.
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-06-2012, 7:05 PM Reply   
I was curious about the same! i am heading to Cabo in Feb. Will the surf be any good at that time?
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-09-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
Last time when I was down there we rode at about 7:00 am and the conditions were fine. Maybe I will swim out to the X-45 and leave him a note :-)
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-25-2013, 1:55 PM Reply   
So when I was in Cabo in November there was kind of crappy 18ft boat that had a tower. He wanted $60. Then there was I think an Mastercraft X10 and the guy wanted $240 for a pull. I decided to drink beer instead and ride once I got home. Let me know if you guys find anything better. Like I said when I was there before I ran into Andrea Gayton and rode behind her Malibu VLX and she only charged my $60.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-31-2013, 11:37 PM Reply   
The last time I was in Cabo I was having a cocktail on the beach and saw a boat with a tower on it with someone riding. I got a water taxi to take me out to the boat and they were more than happy to give us a pull on their boat. Never hurts to ask. Keep an eye out and get ready to flag down a water taxi : )