Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       03-18-2003, 10:41 AM Reply   
I know people talk about some tricks as wake trip tricks. Can anyone fill me in on the proper way to trip over the wake?
Old                03-26-2003, 4:32 PM Reply   
yea trip face first
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-16-2003, 10:27 AM Reply   
hey sean,

there's nothing special about trippin'. it's basically like a normal edge. it's the effect of letting the wake do the work when you're standing tall.

i was working last week with a coach on a ts front roll (a trip flip), and he explained it as if i should almost be surprised by the wake. if your chest is up as you load the line going into the wake, just standing tall a bit more at the wake should propel you up and over. you feel it when you do it right.

probably the biggest problem with trip flips is waiting for them. with my tantrum i was always leaving the wake and throwing the flip far too early. you really have to edge up all the way thru the wake even on trip flips.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       04-16-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
That helps a lot, I'll have to go out and really exaggerate that on the front roll to see if I can get the feeling for it.