Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-12-2005, 5:21 AM Reply   
He's 5'0" tall, 80 lbs. Never rode a board yet.
I want to get something he can use for a few years. What do you recommend for his size?

A LF pro recommended a 131 (I forget the name of it, but it has a pic of a plymouth duster on it)
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-12-2005, 6:21 AM Reply   
Dave, sounds like he was recommending an LF Nemesis.

I got Annette started on a HL Motive 128. She really likes it says it’s easy to ride.

Also check out the 2006 CWB line up in the WW equipment section, the 119 Charger and the 125 Surge look like scaled down versions of the 03 Absolute / Pure.

There are a lot of choices, hard to go wrong with any of these.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-12-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
Hey Dave,

My son Alex is on a 128 CWB not sure of the model but it is real light . We got it down at Surf and Off Shore(SOS) in Point Pleasant,NJ. Sometimes Craig has Demo's or trades and you can get a decend deal on them.

George
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-12-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input, guys!
He wants to skip learning to slalom ski and go right to wakeboarding. Do you think this is ok?
I learned to slalom first, but then again we had no wakeboards way back then.
Every time he sees other kids learning/riding, he want to do it too. I'm cool with it!:-)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-12-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
Cwb has a few good choices for 05 and 06 they have the trooper 125cm for up to 130lbs and a rocker 132cm weight up to 140. For 06 they have the trooper 125cm, the Rocker 132cm and the surge 125cm. Skip the slalom and get him a wakeboard its way ok!