Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    noobie            03-18-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
Calabria Pro-V 2005 = 42k
tige 20v 2005 = 43k
MC x2 2004 = 42k

Centurion Avalanche 37k. This is the only one I would need to add options to, bringing it to ~39k

Malibu V-Ride = 44k

All are similarly optioned (PP, ballast, stereo, etc.) Out of these, what would you all say the better value is?
Old     (air_dooley)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-18-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
noobie, which one do you dream about towing behind your truck? start with that one, test drive it, let the boat talk to you. If your concerned about the money..........don't buy........take your time.......enjoy the journey. peace out
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-18-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
When contemplating spending 40,000 dollars, you should be so excited you can't sleep at night. Which one of those boats does that to you?

There are some very lively threads exalting and bashing various types of boats in the archives, do a search, it's pretty easy. It seems like we don't get as fired up as we used to...maybe we are maturing? Each of those boats will provide you with a lot of fun. You should also consider which of those boats has the dealer you like best.
Old    noobie            03-18-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
The thought of spending 40k on any of them IS keeping me up at night!

I know what you guys mean about it speaking to you...and the dealer..and all that. I've gone thru and done searches till my eyes are bleeding on this website, and am trying to get some opinions/thoughts together and compare.... I thank you all for the feedback.

The x-2 doesn't speak to me at all really, but for some reason I can't take it off the list. Maybe that's why I was asking about the value of it because if it's a great deal then I keep telling myself I should consider it. For some reason I think I SHOULD like it more...But I guess that would be a stupid way to buy a boat.

Thanks again!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
Which is "better value" is the one you like the most. There is a massive difference in the size of these boats you are comparing, ranging from the 20V & X-2 which are small to the V-Ride, Avalanche, & Pro-V which are big, bigger & massive. How many people do you ride with? Are you looking for a cross over boat or a HC wake boat?
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-18-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
Sounds like your more worried about buyers remorse (wish you woulda picked the other one) than commiting to and being confident about the one that excites you the most. Also sounds like you haven't test driven all of them yet either. Better do that before anything else.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-18-2005, 9:44 PM Reply   
Noobie, I was looking at an 03 X-2 an 02 Avalanche, a cyclone and I was looking at the Suprems & Pro V's among some other ones. I ended up going with the Pro V, because it was a good deal. The room in it was incredible (I ussually have atleast 6-9 people in the boat) The wake was pretty good on all of the boats so that wasnt really a factor. For me it was the quick fill balast system the room and the look. Im very pleased with my purchase but I would say its an individual thing. Write down what you are looking for in a boat, then go out and do your own research. What I found was everyone has their favorites etc... There are Dodge guys Ford Guys & Chevy Guys, and they all swear by them lol
Old    noobie            03-18-2005, 10:12 PM Reply   
Yes, buyers remorse is my biggest fear. I have not driven all of them, but demos are scheduled so I hope to know more then.

I normally have about 5-ish people on the boat. I live on a lake so packing tons of people in for an all day affair isn't really a need I need to think about. But I do want to be comfortable in a nice all around wakeboard boat.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2005, 10:28 PM Reply   
X-2, 20V & V-ride would be on my list then. The avalanche & Pro-V are pretty big boats to only have 5 peeps in. Adds up to gas $$$$ for running a big boat. 20V is probably the best all rounder although pretty small inside & I personally don't like the styling; a bit pug-dogish. X-2 has the best wakeboard wake IMO but needs quite a bit of weight over stock to get it there, has the best "style" to my eye. V-ride is the biggest of the 3 & probably has the best stock wake if optioned with the rear tanks & wedge.
But you can't beat a demo to form your own opinions, don't believe the hype or reputations of these boats, try to have a fresh mind & make your own judgements.
Don't worry about buyers remorse, do your research & you will grow to love what you get.
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-19-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
Check out the Tige Switch V
It’s the same hull as the 20v but the interior and gages are not as fancy
I got mine with a 340hp engine, nice sound system, 2 axel trailer, Tower, Bimini, cover, and Taps 2 for 34k
Old    noobie            03-19-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
Everyone always talks about how big the Pro V is, but in length it's really only 6 inches longer than the x-2 - because the pro -v is measured WITH the platform as most others are not. Granted, it is much wider though :-)

Or am I missing something?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-19-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
a lot will depend on how you plan to use the boat (assuming the quality of dealerships are the same)

you are comparing large sized to medium size boats. argurably the x-2 will have the best wake(my opinion)

if you want a med size boat -then the x-2 with the right options(engine, ballast, pp) and in a decent color from a good mc dealer...then that is a smokin deal..

otherwise for a larger boat- the tige
Old     (crazy4two)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-19-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
I went through the same problem when I was looking. The boat I wanted was the MB B-52, but it was way too much money. So then, I started shopping just like I would shop for anything else....which is going to give me the best for the buck. So right there, Mastercraft was off of the list. I believed that buying a Mastercraft was like buying a pair of Nikes over a lesser known brand. Basically, you are paying for the well known name. The other factor that is extremely important is the dealer. I live in the Seattle area and boat dealers are not as common as say in CA or FL. So, I did not want to drive thousand of miles to get my boat serviced if needed. I'll tell you this, if you like your Centurian dealer then buy a Centurian. I did, I bought a 2003 Hurricane, which is now the Lightning, and I feel that I got a great deal on an almost fully loaded boat.
Old     (air_dooley)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-19-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
Hey noobie, spending 40+ G's is no small matter. We all did it and can't believe how many new doors have opened. It thaks big kahoonas to make that first move.........Live that dream. peace out
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       03-19-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
If you don't want to spend 40K, look at a boat that is a couple of years old. You can usually pick them up for substantially less and they usually have the accessories on them. After I spent 41K, I have spent another 3-4K on stereo, bimini, custom covers, etc. That is the price for recreation. There are several used boats posted for sale in on WW.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-19-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
Buyers remorse sucks, buy a civic. A boat is for fun and fun times. Bring Out Another Thousand. BOAT

Have you looked at the Sanger V215? BOOYAHHH
A summer without a boat is a summer not worth talking about. BOOOYAHHH goodtimes
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-19-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
X2 is the best valued boat on the list. The boat is put together the best out of all of them. Mastercraft is the best bang for your buck. Not saying that the others suck. From my experience and others people have been more satidfied with MC over anyone else.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-19-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
They're all good. I've been looking at a V220 Supreme "sky" with ballasts, tower, etc for about 38k. If you're on a budget, you might want to check those out.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-19-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
I see you said it was an 04 x-2, is that one already at the dealer? are you thinking about having the others made by the factory? that could be a big thing for you. The color scheme, if your not happy with that, you will be less happy with the boat. If your droping 40k on anything make sure its exactly what YOU want. Test drive them all, go to the dealer sit in them all, bring 5 buddies, see how you all fit. Im not sure if you are a current boat owner, but bring all your boat gear, see how it fits in the boat. Do research on the dealers service, how it treats its customers etc. my instincs tell me go for mc and malibu. im not sure how big the x-2 is inside, so you might want to look at the x-10 if your 5 buddies and you dont fit in the back. The wakes on all of the boats you have listed will be fine for anyone. You'll adjust to steepness and width. When your sitting in the boats look at the vinal, look under the seats, how is it attached to the seat. Just get in the boats, and rip them apart, not litterally of course. Just look at under on top of everything. All of the listed boats are awesome, good luck!
Old    clubjoeskier            03-21-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
Noobie--In your shoes I would forget he X2 (no offense to X2 owners)

Unless you are a pro looking for specific type wake shape, etc, most of the boats you mention will more than work. Do you research to eliminate to a few, but like Tom eluded to, pick the one that'll put a big smile on your face when you see it. Your friends will make any boat fun.

I did my homework and considered the Malibu VLX, LSV, the Pro-V, and a Toyota Epic SX. I ultimately picked the Pro-V because in the end, I really WANTED that one. Thats all that matters..
Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-21-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
Have you thought about a Moomba LSV or XLV? Very good boat for the money if it keeps you up at night...
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-21-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
I did the whole boat search thing last year between Sanger V210
Mastercraft X2
SAN210
and Tige 20V
we ended up going with the X2 but the thing is after testing them, The X2 just felt right.
so you def need to test them and hopefully the decision will become obvious to you.
I love my boat more and more each time we ride it. Ride the X2 if you haven't already(and the others) at that point if it doesn't feel right you should be able to rule it out with peace of mind.
Its been said a million times on this site but the dealer plays a huge part in making or breaking your boating experience so put having a good dealer high on your priority list