Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (todd_everton)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-18-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
I need some suggestions for a good adjustable binding for my boat board(u know, for those without a board that want to learn)Thanks,
Todd
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-18-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
CWB Mobe. My family has a pair and they are awesome. $150, they fit a bunch of feet, and they've lasted for three seasons.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-19-2005, 4:13 AM Reply   
Hyperlite Spins or Splits are in the same price range and are similar to Mobes (front lace up design). They have the claw bolt system which makes them easy to adjust.

Old    wickedwake            01-19-2005, 7:00 AM Reply   
I agree woth the Mobe's, a lot of bang for the buck!
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-19-2005, 8:31 AM Reply   
These...

Liquid Force Alpha's

They offer great comfort and span the widest range of riding abilities. My vote hands down.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-19-2005, 10:12 AM Reply   
The Alpha's are a nice boot but I wouldn't want them for my boat board. They are at a mid range price and are a fairly advanced binding.

The LF boot of choice (looking at their guide) for a boat board would be the Omni. Or a step up that's still lower in price with adjustability and a few more perks would be either the Element or the Metro.

Give your shops a call or visit discuss price, overall quality, and their use and see what they recommend.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-19-2005, 3:35 PM Reply   
splits or spins
Old    jzwake            01-24-2005, 6:41 AM Reply   
I'll third Spilts. They are called states for 05'.

I may have a pair to sell soon. I am buying a package board but only plan to use the board. I was going to sell the state boots on ebay.

If you are interested in them email me at: jz@wakereview.com
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-24-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
i was looking for a boat binding as well to go with a cwb lotus board.
i'm looking at the mobe's or the alpha's. I'm prob leaning towards the alpha's cause i've heard nothing but great things about them.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-24-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
I have a pair of CWB Mobes I will sell ya. They were ridden twice and my son didn't care for them. How about $125 shipped! They are the lg size. e mail me if interested. I take Paypal
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-26-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
hey Mango I just bought the Lotus board for my wife and since we live in PA won't be able to use it until probably April/May.......have you are whoever owns it ridden it yet??????? I read lots of good stuff about the board just would like to here it from someone who has one. Thanks! oh I am using old Obrien Morph's for one of my boat boards and everyone is happy with them....even though I think they are horrible
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-26-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
Check out the bindings at bestkiteboarding. They are wakeboard bindings designed by Shannon Best. Very comfortable binding. I ride them on everything, now. They are only $129 brand new!

http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/tracking/t.asp?B=9&A=94&Task=Click

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-26-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
Brandon - I haven't ordered it yet but i will this summer. I'm actually going to slap on some new Elements after doing some research they seem like a good setup for chicks.

I used to have O'brien morphs on my old O'brien Swindle which was my first board. They are such crappy bindings, the first time i did a switch on them the tore apart, they aren't very supportive but i guess easy to put on. They fell apart on my almost everytime i fell so i had to put them back on in the water everytime.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-26-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
Never seen those best bindings before but for that price it seems like a bargain plus i like them in red.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-26-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
that's a nice site especially the best girls. i actually was thinking about picking up a kite this year just to try it out for fun with my wakeboard when im not on the boat.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-26-2005, 10:52 AM Reply   
Mango- just got her board about 3 weeks ago from our Marina.......they came with MOBE bindings but I told them not to bother since I bought her new Liquid Force EXO's last year.....she finally has those broke in plus they are better bindings then MOBE's anyway.......I think she will love the board.....she was riding an old Obrien Evil Twin 139 which was WAY big for her...Tino Santori was up @ our lake last May for an open house and signed it so it now hangs on my wall in my sports bar downstairs!!!! He's coming back this April so I have to find more stuff for him to sign! Cheers!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-26-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
exo's look cool but i could never get them on my feet, they sure are tight and do take awhile to break in. That's awesome Tino stopped by, he's an awesome rider. I wonder how far you are from my home lake - lake hopatcong.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-26-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
Careful Mango, getting the kiting bug is very dangerous!! It doesnt take much to have you selling your boat and wake gear and chasing the wind all over the world. It happened to me. Wander around Shannons site and check out some of the vids. All your wake tricks easily convert over to the kite and you can jump really high when you want to. Plan you a nice long weekend and head down to Hatteras and take a lesson. Once you have the simple controls and techniques down, its ON!! Once you experience the freedom of kiteboarding, its hard to go back to following a boat.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-26-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
Brandon - were like 3+ hours away...seems like your past Hershey Park.

I believe kiteboarding can be addicting, i mean look at john kerry, haha
I would never sell my boat though for kiteboarding, i love wakeboarding so much that i doubt anything could take me away from it even though i know you might get more air from kiteboarding. Next time i go to OBX i plan on giving it a try...hopefully this summer i plan on going to Virginia Beach then OBX.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-26-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
yeah she hated them for about 2 weeks......then finally broke in for her and now she loves them! yeah Tino stopped by for a weekend since our Marina is now a Tige dealer.....He is coming back again this April and they are bringing Chris Rossi (pro slalom skier) He might be going out with our Marina crew for the Philly show....We have the Harrisburg, PA show starting today through Sunday. Heading up there on Saturday morning. He was pretty cool. Amazing effortless tricks. I am about 3.5 hours or so from your lake......just looked it up. the website for my marina is www.gettysburgmarinecenter.com Check it out!
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-26-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
mango, I was the same way, trust me. I lived and breathed wakeboarding for almost 10 years. There were times in my early 20's where money was so tight that I was selling household items like TVs to get by rather than sell my boat and make life easy. If it would have ever came down to rent or boat, I would have been sleepin in the boat. I was addicted unlike anything else.....until I got my first kite. It was just for something fun to do when it was too windy to wakeboard. Now I know what addiction really is. In hindsight, wakeboarding addiction was like caffeine, and kiteboarding addiction is like heroin.

So, be careful... :-)
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-26-2005, 11:52 AM Reply   
Mango- yeah I am about 60-75 minutes south of Hershey..........