Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-09-2005, 10:15 PM Reply   
yesterday i went out for last ride of year(real bummer)the lake was butter and 0 boats. i rode the first set with fins in and it was good then i thought i would go finless.have not tried it finless for 2 years(never liked). it was awesome. i came into the wake toeside and heelside not charging as hard and found phenominul consistency. i always new its all about body position handle control and loading line but i really found the groove. my wife says she never seen me go gigger toeside and she said body position couldn't have been better heelside. i think anybody that rides premier or byerly has to give it a shot finless. i think i may have to find opportunity to ride 1 more time
Old    chicago_julie            09-10-2005, 5:56 AM Reply   
That's interesting. I just started to ride w/ fins for the first time in two years and feel like I am in much more control w/ the fins. I ride a Watkins and when I would edge hard, I felt like the board was about to slip out from under me. Do you know the general feeling in regards to fins in or out?
Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-10-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
i think it depends on what board a person is riding and maybe even the style of rider they are. i also heard to ride with fins when rougher and when it is butter go finless.
Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-10-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
i also forgot to mention the no fins helped me slow down at the start of my cut which was one of my biggest problems. since the key is to start slow and build edge. my wife rides the divine and i don't think she would be able to ride that finless since the outer built in fins are not big enough. that may be the case with the watkins