Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-28-2010, 9:04 PM Reply   
I am planning to check this place out for the first time. Does anyone have any comments on likes, dislikes, campsites, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       04-28-2010, 10:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdriverider View Post
I am planning to check this place out for the first time. Does anyone have any comments on likes, dislikes, campsites, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Don Pedro is great. If you are in an RV flemming meadows is nice.
Old     (AIrwar209)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-28-2010, 11:03 PM Reply   
Don Pedro is a horrible place, especially the Fleming Meadow side. My suggestion is for everyone to ride the Delta, I hear they have great water. We only tube at Don Pedro, in really big circles.
Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-29-2010, 6:32 AM Reply   
LOL...thanks for the info. We'll check it out and be sure to bring our extra large tube
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-29-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
Yeah we ONLY tube there too! Powerturns when were not! DON'T go there it sux!

Fleming Meadows, real nice campground. Kinda pricey as they gouge you for everything at Pedro but worth it. Can get pretty windy in afternoons but mornings are glass everywhere, after you dodge all the bass boats that is.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-29-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
Pedro is one of my favorite lakes in Cali. I basically grew up and learned to boat there. Tons of great options and one of the few lakes that allows boat in camping. Any of the Marina's are fine. Flemming Meadows has good facilities, resteraunt and launch. Plus the campsites are decent.

Have fun.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
Do you know of any other lakes that allow boat-in camping? Does Berryessa allow that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Pedro is one of my favorite lakes in Cali. I basically grew up and learned to boat there. Tons of great options and one of the few lakes that allows boat in camping. Any of the Marina's are fine. Flemming Meadows has good facilities, resteraunt and launch. Plus the campsites are decent.

Have fun.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-29-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
Berryessa does not allow boat in camping. Bullards Bar does.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-29-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
I would pick Fleming Meadows or Mocasin Point. They have the best launch ramps. The Fleming side has less shade but lake front campsites. You really cant go wrong though. We have five weekends booked there this summer, Can't wait! The lake is going to be close to if not completely full this year from what I hear.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info, I know where to go now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1spoogy View Post
Berryessa does not allow boat in camping. Bullards Bar does.
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-29-2010, 9:30 PM Reply   
Man I need to figure out what part of pedro you guys are lookin at... I go there every year for a camping trip and I always wake up at 5 30- 6 a.m. drive across the lake looking for good water and still can't find anything as good as what I've can get at my local lakes.. maybe I'm just too picky or looking in the wrong spots.. hah
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-30-2010, 1:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIrwar209 View Post
Don Pedro is a horrible place, especially the Fleming Meadow side. My suggestion is for everyone to ride the Delta, I hear they have great water. We only tube at Don Pedro, in really big circles.
Man you are so wrong. The Delta is dirty and extremely dangerous. The water is crystal clear at Don Pedro. There is boat in camping. Oh man it's heaven.
Old     (dlll)      Join Date: May 2010       05-03-2010, 9:45 PM Reply   
i have been on pedro for 22 years have owned 2 houseboat and still have one . when all the other lake are dry i bet i will see all you their. Ya the best water is in the morning so what thats the best time anyway. If you go to the gorge it is good to, moccasin dose have smoother water in the after noon the wind dose pick up. As far as the bass boats how cares the lake is so big you can almost go anywhere 29 miles long is alot of good water to be found. PS and if your a bad ass waker you can wake in any water its all good right. We are their every week end until the end on October Just got back last weekend water was a little cold but great smoooooth water everywhere.