Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-21-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
I just picked up a 03 Super Air. The owner said the boat was waxes once after he had it for afew months. Do I need to buy a cleaner/compound before I wax?
Which wax do you guys suggests?
Old     (drifter1136)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-21-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
I use Meguiars premium flagship wax on my sport nautique, and touch it up with meguiars quick wax. The only thing I would do before I wax Is use there #45 polish.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-21-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
Make sure the hull is clean, you should wash even before you polish. One thing I have found to be most help full are a $10 buffer from wal-mart. I just use it to apply and wipe every thing off by hand (soft fabric). A buffer puts a very thin layer of wax on so it is easier to rub off.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-22-2005, 11:10 AM Reply   
I use a basic automotive paste wax and wax just the hull, below the rub rail. Having a coat of wax makes a big difference in water spots and ease of cleaning off the water line scum.

I stopped waxing the top side because too many people (myself included) slipped and fell when the stepped on a wet, waxed surface.
Old    robertt            08-22-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
I agree with the Meguiars...but I also use 303 in between wax jobs. My boat stays on a lift, so it would be a PITA to wax on it....but I can give it a quick wash and 303 treatment in under 15 minutes. The 303 will help protect the graphics too, and I have noticed that with the 303 on the boat that it only needs to be washed down about a fifth as much.