Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-28-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
Putting a mild stereo system in my houseboat. Not gonna blast it - that's what the Tige stereo is for.

My Tige currently has an ARC Audio KEQ7 equalizer that I'm going to use as the headunit with an iPhone interface cable. I'll need a WS-420 EQ to replace it in the Tige. I also have a generic 12" 4Ohm sub that I'm going to use for now until I decide to replace it.
So here's what I need:
I need (4) 6.5 inch speakers in their own housing (not going to mount any speakers in the walls of my houseboat). Two are going in the salon and two are going upstairs on the roof/deck.
I need a 5 channel amp. I prefer Arc Audio and I believe they make one in the XXD series? But I'm open to other suggestions.
And last, a quote on a WS-420 for the Tige.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-29-2011, 10:01 AM Reply   
those arc class d amps don't get much love over on diymobileaudio.com. I'd think long and hard about a jl xd 700/5 instead.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-29-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Like I said, I'm open to other options as long as the price is kept to a minimum - it's just a houseboat. But no dealers are sending me PM's. I guess writing up a quick quote is too much work if there's competition for it?
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-29-2011, 1:03 PM Reply   
If I was a dealer I would be insulted by your approach. Your strategy is not only arrogant, but implies that price is your only consideration. Is it too much work to call a dealer and discuss your needs? You need to have some skin in the game my friend.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-29-2011, 1:30 PM Reply   
^agreed
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-29-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
I listed product lines did I not? My approach is insulting? Have you heard of an RFP? No different really. There are many dealers who I would assume are here to get some business. One that I know from another site who is happily working on a quote for me as well. If a dealer thinks of an RFP as an arrogant approach I would say they are too arrogant for my business as well. I won't drink the kool aide and buy from the most popular guy on this site unless his prices are the best I can get.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-29-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
Thats kinda like putting out an RFP for a sandwich with fries.

Next, you're gonna tell some dealer that you can find 6.5" speakers on ebay and you'll be supplying your own.....
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-29-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
Yup, I buy McDonald's Fries and take them to Burger King...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-29-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
ah, you realized you sounded really really gay.... gets confusing I'm sure.
Old     (RanchDweller)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-29-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
RFP, that is funny. They are going to make like $50 profit from this RFP. Much easier just to call you local audio shop or previously stated EBAY.
Old     (RanchDweller)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-29-2011, 3:29 PM Reply   
Wait, scratch that.............I have exactly what you need. Send me cash first and I promise I will send you the product.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-29-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
I agree, kind of a BS way to go about it. This is the kind of thing where I hope you find a dealer to give them to you cheap but then they break and it is a huge hassle to deal with the return. Bush League.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-30-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for all your replies. I got three different quotes so far ranging from $650 to $930. All for the same products. One variation was a suggestion to go with 6x9 instead is 6.5.
6x9 is probably a better idea since I want boxes for them anyway.
I ordered the stuff
Getting the arc audio 900.6 instead of the XXD also.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-30-2011, 6:46 PM Reply   
I love the 900.6.

Had one in my last boat, and one in my truck. Great amp!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-01-2011, 7:26 AM Reply   
Not knocking the 900.6, but I'd take the Zed Audio Leviathan 6 channel over the ARC any day of the week.

http://www.pasmag.com/car-audio/test...-zed-leviathan