Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-15-2011, 11:26 PM Reply   
Name:  IMG_4886.jpg
Views: 2475
Size:  93.3 KB

Thought it was long past due for a thread for the people who consider Lake Powell a home or second home.

THIRDS, FOURTHS, ETC. WELCOME! ...OR... WE CAN BE YOURS
If ever anyone is near Wahweap or Antelope Point Marinas we would be happy to have you join us or for us to join you. Typically we go weekends

A buddy of mine and myself are locals to the area and consider Lake Powell, home. Ironically, we find it very difficult to find dedicated riders in Page AZ besides ourselves. We don't let this stop us, but we don't stop looking either. Even if we have to put up fliers at work and ask random people from Lone Rock Beach to join us to be our third, we'll do it.

Just a few Pics taking advantage of what Powell has to offer
Name:  IMG_1685.jpg
Views: 2399
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1770.jpg
Views: 2468
Size:  87.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1804.jpg
Views: 3940
Size:  61.9 KB

WATER WATER WATER
Lake Powell is rising a foot a day!
This year will be a great year for Lake Powell. As some of you know, Lake Powell will fill to expected elevation that has not been seen in over a decade. It was a celebrated day when Castle Rock Cut opened a few years back, but this year Castle Rock may be an island once more. The only (tinny) bad news about all this water is that the water temp has been about 5 degrees behind schedule this spring with all that cold spring runoff dumping into the lake.
check this: http://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/crsp/cs/gcd.html
and of course there is the good ol' http://lakepowell.water-data.com/ site as well.

I see great things for Lake Powell wake in the near foreseeable future. Wakeboarding was unpopular from a local stand point when I started a little over a decade ago. The past couple years this notion has disappeared and wakeboarding started to really be recognized and represented. Things are looking up for the local scene to get more involved. Hopefully we can play catch-up and really turn Page AZ around to see the Lake in the same ways as the guys of "Spray" and "May Day" did and do.