Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (thetoch)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-28-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
I just got a new subjekt 137 with exos and took it out to the lake. Heelside grab, toeside 180, toeside grab, Heelside roll, crow and Im feeling this board. So I throw a huge whirly (which I have never landed) and land it, upon landing I hear what sounds like a shotgun blast and I fall. The board basically broke in half. it delaminated on both toe and heelside, huge chunks of foam are floating in the lake. I can't believe that this could happen after less then five minutes of riding. The almost identical thing happened to my buddy this spring on a LF evo. Whats the deal. I love the boards, but I can't buy a board I have to worry about breaking whenever I wanna throw down.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
Pfft. That's weak - I agree.
I'd like to think that this board was an exception to the norm.
Make the shop change it out and if it happens again get your money back and shop another manuf.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-28-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
LF makes great boards. I had the same thing happen with a Subjekt 137, but it was replaced and I have yet to break my new Subjekt or my Team 139. I love the Team 139. I've found that LF makes lightest foam core boards on the market, so if one occasionally breaks and gets quickly replaced, I can live with it. I broke a Parks 138 last year, so its not just LF.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       08-28-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
I'm on my third subjekt 37. But I've also broken CWB's and HL's. I broke my first subjekt my first time on it and my second one the second time I was on it. However, this one has been sturdy. I've racked up quite a few hours on it and it still looks like new.
Old    hlboatsnboards            08-28-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
During some point towards the end of last year, LF had a small batch of boards released that had a problem. Not sure of the details other then it was a sandblasting issue gone wrong. For whatever reason the boards basically snapped extremely early on. Saw only two thru our store and LF without question swapped them out under warranty. LF is a great company that is only getting better...can't say enough good things about them.

Bill
Old    upupnaway            08-29-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
If they have pro's riding them in contests, they must have some qualities. I am a hyperlite guy myself, but I have seen guys rip it up on lf's.
Old    lakesideluver            08-29-2003, 10:56 AM Reply   
im with mike on the hyperlite deals, i pay more but i get more
Old    wake_junkie            08-29-2003, 5:13 PM Reply   
With all the the people having trouble with the subjekt. I would say a bad batch of boards slipped out the door. Like it was said earlier. It happens. LF can't inspect every board
Old    hlboatsnboards            08-30-2003, 5:46 AM Reply   
"you pay more, you get more" explain to me exactly what "more" is that you are getting with HL. They all break, even HL....its part of the game. Someone posted on here they broke there Parks.

B

(Message edited by hlboatsnboards on August 30, 2003)
Old    nugget            08-31-2003, 10:29 PM Reply   
By "more" he must be talking about more weight.

I ride in Atlanta and have seen more snapped boards this year than any year past. It's not just a couple of LF's. I've seen Byerly's, Premiers(one friend broke 8), and Absolutes. Ever company has some product break, every company also stands behind their products and warrantees them.

Find and ride what you like, if you ride it hard enough anything will break.

Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-01-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
More weight is right! I can't beleive how much heavier their stuff is. I know that LF boards have broken and HL have broken. Personally I have seen more HL problems than LF problems. But you ride what feels best to you.
Old    persyus            09-01-2003, 11:32 PM Reply   
my roommate just broke a '03 byerly. It happens to hyperlite boards too :-)
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-02-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   
Boards break, all companies all boards. I work in a board shop so if I was to think that all boards that break are crap I could not ride anything, HL, LF, Obrein, Origin, CWB. Just ride what you like and when and if it breaks then deal with it but all companies break. Did you ever think that maybe you are just too good for todays wakeboards?