Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-22-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
I currently have 08' Murray's and well its defiantly time for some new boots they are pretty shot. Haha What do you guys recommend? Ive looked at the Hyperlte team boot, LF Watson, and LF Harley. Those are just the three that Ive looked into so far. Im open to about whatever, I just want them to be responsive, comfortable, and CT.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2013, 9:40 AM Reply   
Ronix One's get my vote.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-22-2013, 11:28 AM Reply   
CWB answer - had murrays and switched to these and I love em
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-22-2013, 11:59 AM Reply   
I have the cells and love em.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-22-2013, 12:08 PM Reply   
Hyperlite systems are my favorite I've tried. The Ronix one boots are nice too but depends how they fit your foot. My feet are too narrow and slop all over in Ronix ones. I like the systems because you can get a tighter feel with a ratchet than pull strings.
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-22-2013, 12:11 PM Reply   
Okay my next question is how durable are the Ronix One's or the CWB answer? Do they put up with normal wear and tear well? I don't want something that is going to fall apart on me after a season or two. Also I know a lot of people tend to be split on these, but would anybody recommend Systems over a traditional binding? I ride only boat and no cable. I can see how they are suppose to be different and better, but if there is not much of a greater advantage I don't want to spend the extra money on them.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-22-2013, 1:45 PM Reply   
I ride only boat and like the systems because I like my bindings really tight. I also like that when I buy other boards I can just throw bindings on for $150 and use my boots.
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-22-2013, 9:57 PM Reply   
Corey- What systems are you using and how well have they held up for you?
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-23-2013, 3:58 PM Reply   
I've got the 2012 systems and the 2013 system pros. The bindings have held up great so far. I have 2 sets because I have 2 boards. For boots I have the 2012 murrays. I wanted the marek boots but when I tried them on they were too wide for me. The Murray boots were the narrowest in the line and I like that. I think they have changed the fit on the boots this year though but either way I would try some on at a shop. I tried on Murrays, Webbs, and Mareks and they all felt very different. I have not tried any of the 2013 boots yet. The only thing that hasn't held up is the tab on the top laces of one boot snapped. Not the sinching part, just the tab to hook it to the boot so it doesn't flail around but it's not a big deal because I just tuck it under the binding strap.