Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-22-2004, 11:38 PM Reply   
Hey folks,

Here are some pics of the boat in its semi completed state, we've been kinda laggin on getting things finished before we went to Shasta, but it seems as if things are starting to come together. The comp driver still needs a home but for the trip I just covered it with some carpet I removed from elsewhere.

Enjoy!!!!

And one from the front with the saran bug wrap on it.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2004, 1:43 AM Reply   
Wow, awesome! I love that boat, so much style.

Imagine if they re-released the 2001 as a closed bow v-drive, SICK.

(Message edited by ralph on June 23, 2004)
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-23-2004, 5:44 AM Reply   
Cool set up man! What kind of box is that? also what is that on top of the tower? I bet it sounds good.
Old     (ferrarispider95)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-23-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
The air graphics look sweet. Do you buy the graphics from a dealer or have them made. Please post any more pics.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       06-23-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
Yo Luke....whats up with the close up shots of that box? I need to come over and check out your beat!!! Lets hook up this weekend!!
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
The box is custom made
I have some pics of how I started it here, but I never finished the write up.
http://www.luker6.4t.com/catalog.html

It is made from poster board for the initial shape, then layers and layers of fiberglass, finally some bondo to smooth it all and some paint that needs a little redoing, we were in a rush before Shasta and went with one heavy coat instead of waiting the hours in between coats. I didn't actually run until a couple hours after it got painted.

On top of the tower is a compdriver with horn, those f-ers are loud!!!

All of the graphics I bought from a dealer, we painted the boat dark blue and put the decals on.

some more pics of its progress-

how we got it, notice the original fiberglass platform

painted the trailer, added brakes moved spare tire underneath stripped decals added dark paint got a custom swoop tower

the teak platform my grandpa made and the brackets I made-

boat w/ new speakers and racks my brother machined
(they later were stolen)

here is the boat at before we left for shasta last week-

and with the bimini up-
I made the fram from the old bimini, just cut like 2 feet out of the middle of it and my mom was able to sew all of the pices together. made enitrley from imagination and scratch-

the boat w/ friends

the new dash panel with stereo remote and new switches!!!!

Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-23-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
l.o.l. whats in the sac? no but seriously. the boat looks killer. how much for the tower? bone tower?
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
Its a boss accesories custom swoop, at the time it was something like 1895+tax and installation we actually ordered the pro series tower, but someone made the wrong one for our boat, the pro series was 1295+tax and installation.

We ended up getting it for 1295+tax and it cost us a thirty pack to get it installed on the spot in under an hour. Suhhweeettt deal.

I think the custom swoops are something like 2400 now???
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-23-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
Hey Luke, thats one of the nicest refurbishments I've seen. Congrats !
Old     (ssrgeoff)      Join Date: May 2004       06-23-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
That is a clean 2001. You've done a great job. Keep it coming...
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-23-2004, 3:58 PM Reply   
what speakers are you runing on the tower?
Old    chavezychavez            06-23-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
Love the boat. Have you checked out www.the2001.com yet?

BTW: Nice eraser job bud!!
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-23-2004, 4:28 PM Reply   
Yes I agree... very nice job.. boat looks awesome. Did you guys have fun in shasta?
Old    whitechocolate            06-23-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
Luke why is the photo of the dash cut out????
It Looks like you have a big bag of POT, in the back ground and you didn't want the W/W police to come after you. HAHAHHAHA
Old    chavezychavez            06-23-2004, 4:38 PM Reply   
Grant! SHHHHHH!!!!! Don't tell everyone his secret!!!!!!!!!!
Old    nautiqueboarder            06-23-2004, 4:38 PM Reply   
I did the same thing to my ski naut.

www.discountpoolcare.com/nautique/index.htm

just put a airboom tower and a 1500Watt Rockford system in it. Crankin!!
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
Jeez Grant its just a boob and someone flippin the camera off. I figure a lot of youngins' come on the site so I may as well make it PG.

Maybe Grant has an addiction problem he would like to tell everyone about. It seems to be on his mind. You know, they have groups for people like you.

PA (potheads anyonomous)

Grant repeat after me-
"MY NAME IS GRANT AND I HAVE A PROBLEM"

They are actually all eminence speakers. I had to order a new diaphram and crossover for the comp. driver. Maybe put a little to much power to it???

Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-24-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
hey travis i want to see some more pics of your interior. I cant see very well but it looks pretty cool. What do you have going on in there.
Luke grant might have a problem but you have a boob in a plastic bag??
Hey whatever
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-24-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
luke i forgot to say this is a sweet boat i love it. There is alot of character there. I am wanting to do the same thing. That swimdeck is amazing. Mad props to gramps. Hope you dont mind if i wrip some of your ideas off when i do mine.
Awesome boat.
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-25-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
Very impressed. Excellent job.
Old    bigd            06-25-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
Gnarly!

You should finish the site about how you made the box. Looks great!

(Message edited by bigd on June 25, 2004)
Old    whitechocolate            06-25-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   

"MY NAME IS GRANT AND I HAVE A PROBLEM"
Im adicted to BLING.

Luke: I was just kidding
Jon: LOL
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-26-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
Grant i was just kidding but really Luke i am pretty worried that either you have some girls boob in a plastic bag, or i am missing something here. Please explain. If you do have some girls boob in a plastic bag that you take wakeboarding dont even worry about trying to explain it. I dont really want to know what that is all about.
Still an awesome boat though.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
How much does that speaker box weigh?

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-28-2004, 8:55 PM Reply   
It is not light,

the 8's weigh 7 lbs apiece

the 10's weigh 7lbs also cause they have the neo magnet. If not they would wiegh around 12.

thats 28 lbs in speakers, the comp drivers are 4 apiece right now I am only using 1 so that means 32 lbs.

Plus around 10 lbs for wood and glass?????

Probably around 40 lbs