Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (harris)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-15-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
Ive heard that the 06 watson bindings arent that great and that many people complain of them ripping or having structural problems. i was looking to get a pair but i dont know if its worth it now.
Old     (blazeremt89)      Join Date: May 2007       07-15-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
i got a pair this year the 06 watsons and they are awsome ... i have been out like 10 times with them and have had no problems
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-15-2007, 9:48 PM Reply   
ive been using them all last season and this season and they are really good. they hold your foot in and never experienced any problems with them, besides when i ride for a long time my feet start to hurt a little bit but nothing that would make me switch bindings.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-15-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
i've had mine since may or june of last year. no problems yet. *knockin' on wood*
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
I'm with Joe, same situation on my bindings and am also *knockin' on wood*
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-16-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
yup.....awesome binding...haven't had any issues with them......love....love....love them.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-16-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
A guy I ride with had some and returned them, he claimed they were to flexible and when he hit the wake his foor would shift towards the front of the board. Maybe they were too big...But that is just what he told me.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-16-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
Love the 06 watsons.. But i did blow apart one binding earlier this year on a scarecrow. Landed
a little heavy on my back foot and the left binding split from toe to heel on the inside part of the binding. Better the binding than my ankle I guess.
LF was great and warrantied by 06 limited's and gave me brand new 07 limited's.
The 07's are even better

(Message edited by big x-star on July 16, 2007)
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-16-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
Riding 07' small differences from 06'. loved the binders, super nice. mine did rip along the bottom seam. but yo should get a warranty. not sure about 06' but 07' def. new ones have heel cup which nice.
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-16-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
i have 06 watsons and ive been out countless times with countless falls, no wear or damage anywhere
Old     (bvanhemmen)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-17-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
I got some. And let me tell you, probably the BEST bindings i've ever ridden. Now my only complaint is the boot is coming apart from the footbed. It doesn't affect performance at all so i'm gonna ride em for the rest of the summer, then see what i can do over the winter. But man they are amazing. a friend tried em on monday and he said he's likely going to pick some up for sure.
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-17-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
there awesome bindings but im on my third set. 2 pairs of 06's and now im 07's but yea there awesome
Old     (trippin132)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
i have just ticked over 16 months of solid riding (no real winter over here so we get to ride all year round) in my 06 watsons and they are still rocking along although they are due for a bit of a service. the first pair i had lasted two weeks before i ripped them and were replaced straight up under warranty. the 2nds ones have been going strong (occasional bit of glue to keep a few bits together but all good). the top eye holes have again just started tearing (reason the 1st pair were replaced) and while i am a long way out of warranty LF are going to sew them back together for free. the 07s fixed most of the bugs found in the 06s so if i was buying now i would go the 07s. that said they are the best binding i have ever used and would be stoked if i can keep my 06s for another 12 months.
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-17-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
i bought a size down because i like my feet super tight, the watsons still felt loose as a goose. and they didnt feel like they had much structural support. i went back to my old school hyperlights. Much better.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-18-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
I'm loving my new 07 Shanes. a little more flex than the Watsons...so I've heard. but alot of support & worth every bit of the $369 I paid for em.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-19-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
I was one of the people who ripped mine. They were really comfy, comfort was definitely not an issue. I would say that if your getting a sweet deal on them go for it because if they do explode send em back to LF and have em ship you some 07's!!
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
mine were very very heavy and came loose often, but the reason they were so loose is probobly because it was an HL board, still very heavy.
Old     (drwakeair)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-19-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
I had the 06 Watsons for about a year and they just ripped for the 3rd time yesterday. I got them after my LF Team bindings split and they weren't making that model any longer. I love the way the Watsons feel and ride. The ankle support is great. Yesterday, I came down from a double-up and the front binding ripped about half way off of the plate. Right now I think that I am done with LF bindings. Im trying out some gatorboards closed toes at the moment.
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       07-20-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
i am pretty hard on mine... i just got them warenteed yesterday. but i ride boat in the morning and cable in the afternoon so i probably am a little bit harder on my stuff.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       07-20-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Trevor???? Heavy?? are u kidding me? They are prob the lightest binders I have felt.
Old     (quickpilot1010)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-20-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
yea trevor what are you talking about, i have had the for awhile now and have experienced no problems, i think they are great and definetly worth buying, no problems and they look great
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-20-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
I had 06 watsons and loved them. They ripped after about five sets but I had no problem getting LF to replace them with 07s which I've been killing it with non stop since MARCH if you can get 07s