Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       07-31-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
Getting very close, got the spin down, just need to stop over spinning and catch the wave/boat.

Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       07-31-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
you need to focus on not letting your head keep turing. What the videos and the amount of over rotation is porportionate to how much you contuin to look over your right shoulder. by about 1/2 way around you should be finding a spot to focus on. I try to look for the see spot of the wave, some use the back of the boat or the tower, it just depends on what is confortable to you. Also try to slow the rotation down a little bit by not using so much hand drag. it will make it easier to stop to rotation.
Lastly stoping the rotation comes from some front foot pressure, you should be transitioning back into your regular surfing weigt distribution. to much back foot weight will make it easy for the board to just keep on spinning.

Hope that wasnt too much.
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       08-09-2012, 10:07 PM Reply   
Got out with ReSession this week, new problem, can't keep up with the boat.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
looks like all my attempts at a 3! I always fall out or spin to many times around!
Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-10-2012, 7:53 PM Reply   
Start the 3 closer to the boat.. you'll end up in the power of the wake instead of the wash.. I start my rotation about 1- 1.5 feet behind the platform.. Look at the vids on you tube form the delta guys.. Good pointers.. Good Luck
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-12-2012, 5:03 PM Reply   
I found that my body posture greatly effects how I end up. I ride skim, but can do a surf 3. Remember that your head is the heaviest part of the body. Leaning over at the end helps to continue the rotation. Keep you head and shoulders above your hips and focus back to the back of the boat.
Old     (EL_C0mard2008)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-09-2012, 5:11 PM Reply   
My brother has been super close to getting his 3's on his skim board, but almost always over rotates. What can he do to help stop or prevent the over rotation on the 3?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-09-2012, 10:15 PM Reply   
I really like that pointer about stop turning your head half way thru to find a focal point. Will try that next time i go out