Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-28-2010, 11:31 AM Reply   
My engine idles way too high when I crank up. I had my service guy clean the IAC motor and he forgot to plug it back in after re-installing it. I plugged it back in and it was even a higher idle. We turn the knob on the PP servo motor to get it to idle back down (not sure why this works). This is only when it is cranked. After adjusting the idle to normal everything seems to work fine (IAC is NOT connected). I know the IAC needs to be connected, so I am going to replace that. Is there anything else that might cause this high idle on start up? There is a plastic ribbed hose about 1/2" ID that runs behind and kind of under the flame arrestor that is not connected to anything. Could this be some sort of vacuum hose that came loose causing it to idle high? Again, it only idles high when I crank up. It used to go dead a good bit when I would come off plane to pick up a rider and go into neutral, so I assume the IAC has been going bad for a while. I get the two beeps every couple of minutes from my engine.

Any ideas other that the IAC motor? My service guy said it might have something to do with perfect pass also.

Thanks.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-01-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
TPS, throttle positioning sensor? Mine went bad in an Indmar after about 4 years. They cost about $100, but immediately fixed the problem.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-01-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
that hose by the flame arrester should go to your pcv vale in your valve cover. If thats disconnected, your engine will rev high.
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-01-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
Joe, thanks. One end of the hose is connected to the valve cover, the other end is loose and is toward the back (if looking at it from inside the boat) of the flame arrestor. Where does the other end go?
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-03-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
Your good, It's supposed to be spot welded to the spark arrestor. It weld always broke on me too. Just keep it close, it'll be fine. Sorry though, I don't have any more ideas for you.