Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (montana_malibu)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-09-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Having trouble doing a tantrum. Any tips? I have probably tried it 20+ times and land the same way every time. I am very frustrated and am thinking I am too old for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoHBSxjdRQ4
Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-09-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
no height my man! You need to hold your edge longer into the wake then back off and use the trip flip at the top of the wake! You are releasing and trying to pop too early. Wait a little longer and stand tall at the top of the wake and im sure you will get enough height to land it!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2010, 7:50 PM Reply   
I am trying to land this trick as well.I thik your a little closer than me. I have tried about 6 times. One thing I think would help would be to pull your knees in while flipping it does help speed up your rotation. i think if you add a little more pop along with tucking your knees you would have it. Good luck man.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
To old I didnt start wakeboarding until I was 36/37. You got it man your close........dont let your son land it b4 you do!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-09-2010, 8:14 PM Reply   
learnwake.com has some drills that will help you with your timing and pop like said above you are trying too early and not standing tall to get all your height.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-16-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
Ok be nice! This is like my 8th try. The trick attempt is at the very end I dont know how to cut the rest out. As you will see we are on a small lake so lots of turning. This is my brother driving who has never driven a boat before. I was scared out of my witts. The person with the camera didnt do very good either. But take a look and see what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00OF7pONko
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-16-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
okay kevin YOU ARE ON A SMALL LAKE. the trick looked rushed lol. but it would have to be. you jumped rather than popped. also you didn't totally square your shoulders with the tantrum you have to get height , have some line tension and let the wake trip you. thats why you take it one step at a time. first is the cut drill . go out about 5 to 6 feet from the wake cut in and change edges at the wake and try to get height. this will help you get comfortable with edge change,timing and pop. then you do the same except let go with rear hand and point your arm at the boat. both of these drills should be done at 15 to 16mph then when you actually try it at 15 to 16 mph over one wake you can be confident you will get pop,height and to rotate just look straight back like you wanted your face pointed towards the sky don't look to one side or the other. you must build speed to th wake also to help you rotate. learnwake.com has drills in video you may find them on youtube also.you look like you are progressing well . your on a small lake which makes you rush tricks. good luck.