Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       07-18-2010, 6:14 PM Reply   
I am thinking about getting a CWB Kink 141. I am weighing about 135lbs and 5'6" I have used am O'brien Vice pretty sure it was a 135, I've used a CWB Flame Board 134, Hyperlite Fluid 136, and Hyperlite Monarch 52 (I think) and so far I have felt most comfortable on the Hyperlite Monarch, I only own the Fluid, will the Kink be good for me to buy?
Old    dperizzolo            07-18-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
A 141 would be a little too big for you. You would get more pop and softer landings, but for your weight I would look at about a 138 if you were looking to go bigger.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-18-2010, 6:39 PM Reply   
I AGREE WITH DARREN. unless you want a really big board for your weight i would go with the 138.
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       07-18-2010, 6:54 PM Reply   
cool so if I get the Kink I will go 138, but with what I have felt most comfortable with, do you think I will feel comfortable on the Kink?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-18-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
EVERY BOARD IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT. i would try one before i just went out and bought it.just start a thread to see if someone has one you can try.as for me i've never ridden the kink so i can be of no help.
Old    dperizzolo            07-18-2010, 10:08 PM Reply   
I don't believe that the Kink comes in a 138. I was just saying that as a general guideline for the size of board you should be on. As Robert has said, make sure you check out the specs and shapes of different boards. Compare the rockers, fin set up, edge, etc. Every board will ride differently. Try to demo boards if you can. If not, then make sure you do your homework before you purchase one. You can check and compare boards in the gear section. http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...oduct_list&c=1