Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-03-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
Check out the post on page 3 by Shmaltz himself(link at bottom of post)!

It's a 2009 Mutiny built in an Integrity mold... We are just trying to create a buzz before the trade show... In 2009 Mutiny will have it's own molds for wakeskates and wakeboards...

Integrity will remain high end wakeskates and soft goods only.

Mutiny's wakeboards will have some serious tech, Mutiny's wakeskates will be priced lower and will be made similar to how I first made them... out of hard rock maple and birch (core/laminate)... So the wood purists can relate to it. I'm not sure on the specifics yet as to how or when... but if you own an old Mutiny wakeskate you can attest to it being solid due to the adhesive process we used then... which doesn't require any sealant...

Ryan Lemons is moved from the Integrity Team and on to the Mutiny Team come mid summer 2009. His Integrity Pro model will stop selling when the transition is complete.

That deck is perfect in it's build and structure it just has a checkered sidewall that has a cosmetic issue... the checkered pattern is just not spot on perfect... that is the only issue it has and why it won't make it to the trade show... The checkered pattern is not going to be in production... The one going to the trade show is red and black stripes.

The Perseverance only had 10-12 graphics printed... maybe 10 decks made. It has been updated for 2009 with the addition of the blue base color, swapping the 2002 / 2003 gray color... and with the original intended top sheet. I always liked the graphic and felt it was a shame to not see it get out.

We are selling it to fund our beer drinking at Surf Expo...

http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22559&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=40
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-03-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
holla!
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-04-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
he's been talking about doing this for a while now...good to see that it's finally going to happen.

From what I hear, the wakeboards are going to be sick. Can't wait to strap into one.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-04-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
Siiick! This might make me consider riding a traditional(non-flex) wakeboard again. I'm stoked to see what they come out with especially after riding an Integrity wakeskate, those are amazing!
Old    K.B.C.            09-04-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
Nice, love to hear Schmaltz's name come up, straight OG ripper. Definitely don't hear enough about him these days, good luck Mutiny!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-05-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
I wouldn't be surprised if they were flex-boards. Mutiny's had wood stringers and not to mention heaps of other tech ahead of its years. Seeing what Shcmaltz has done with integrity and the things he's planning to do (that I know of) it'll be really interesting to see what he comes up with. Some crazy and innovative stuff I'm sure.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
Yep, Schmaltz is cool. He sold me my first wakeboard, and I didn't know who I was dealing with until a year or two later when I saw him riding in the foutains at Ceasars palace on Skurfs Up.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-05-2008, 9:57 PM Reply   
Oh I remember that, when he was dressed as elvis. Does anyone have the footage of that?
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2008, 9:59 PM Reply   
Awesome.

I've been out of the loop for a few years now, I'm glad this is finally happening. I can't think of a company that deserves more support. Liberation is only a Mutiny away.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-06-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
kristian, some of that footage is in retrospect (perhaps there's a clip on youtube).

Yes, there is a clip (I think that's most of it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lINVQw-KocE

These boards will not be your standard wakeboard, so I don't think you'll have to worry about going back to a traditional wakeboard. Mutiny's had a design since they originally made boards, and it seems like it's been every year that mutiny was "back from the grave." But now it's different.

And if you're a fan of the old Perseverance graphic, of course you can see they're re-issuing that. It's one of my all-time favorite graphics.