Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-17-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
I can jump w2w both regular and switch. I can only get approx. 2ft of air. My question is how do I know if my lack of air is technique or the size of my wake.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2006, 12:20 AM Reply   
I can ollie 2 feet into the air... it is most likely due to your technique. Take a nice long progressive cut, and hold your edge all the way through the wake to build up tension on the rope. Once you get to the top of the wake, stand tall to get the extra pop.

It would also help to tell what boat your riding behind just for reference...
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-19-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
Yeah, if you told me what boat you ride behind, that would definetly help (also, how much weight you have in it...if any). If you have a nice proper cut and pop, then you should be able to clear the wakes even when cutting out only 5 feet away from the wake. Also, how long is your rope?
Old                07-19-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
boat is a 16ft fishing boat, with 115hp outboard. I have played with rope length, find the best at 60ft. I know that when boat is loaded with people I can get additional height. I have also played with fin configuration on my board, when riding with only center fin, seem to get more pop. I would like to attempt an invert as I can do many on a tramp however, still not sure if I am getting the most out of my wake and my board. I will attempt to post some video so that you can critique my form.
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-19-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Well, I'm sure you realize that you are at a disadvantage due to your boating situation. I am not saying that landing an invert behind that boat is impossible. But, it is very hard to LEARN an invert behind that boat. I would say, just focus on trying to make the most of it. Also, you might want to pick up wakeskating as another water sport for you to play around with. That wake would be perfectly fine for that.

I just re-read your post...and you made no mention of inverts, so I don't know why I even mentioned it. Anyways, your boat will be fine for carving around, doing a handful of grabs, and having fun doing 180's, and even 360's. Also, 60-65 feet is probably the right rope length for your boat.