Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (westerdude)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-24-2007, 11:06 PM Reply   
i was just looking back at some old articles and vides on alliace's website and i saw a video and article about Randy Harris coming back after two years... I cannot remember reading anything about what happened or why he was out for so long.... If somone know the reason drop a line....
Old    walt            01-25-2007, 5:52 AM Reply   
Maybe it's private matter and it should be kept that way ? I'm just glad that he's back.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-25-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
I never really understood it either. Maybe it was for attention or because he needed to get his act together. Now he is riding better than ever.
Old     (ecoff12)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-25-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
get his act together? what did he do before that was unacceptable behavior?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-25-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
nobody said he did anything wrong. just glad he's back
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-25-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
Definitely looking forward to seeing randy ride.

Everyone's got a past, if he wanted his known he would talk about it; show some respect and quit diggin.
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-25-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
Alien Abduction!
Old     (cptoafficiency)      Join Date: May 2006       01-25-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
2 years of traction from going so big.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-25-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
Winans,

I think Jordan was just curious... not trying to dig up dirt on Randy. Heck, one of the best wakeboarders in the world just fell off the face of the earth for 2 years - I think J has a right to ask why. There's nothing disrespectful about asking a question.

I think many people would have just assumed Randy took a break... your response infers something else. I think you did more damage for Randy than Jordan.
Old     (westerdude)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-25-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
I was deff not tryin to disrespect i was just wounderin why he was gone... He is deff one of the best guys ever to get on a board and i was just wounderin if it was public why he was out for so long.... I guess its personal so it should stay personal.... sorry if i pissed anyone off
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-25-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
lol, not meant to piss anyone off but I guess I did. Just saying that you would have read in an interview somewhere if he wanted anything about his past known.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-25-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
I don't think you offended anyone. Randy, like a lot of young riders get a lot of exposure at a very young age. They travel quite a bit and get a ton of recognition from the wakeboarding community. Not speaking about Randy specifically, but I personally have been witness to behavior by the Jr Men that is completely unacceptable. Trashing hotel rooms, punching holes in walls at host hotels and under age consumption of alcohol. I know many parents have seen this type of behavior and limit their kids from participating and traveling without adult supervision.

Randall took a break, focused on his studies and got his act together. More power to him. More young adults need to take Randalls example and learn that there's more to life than just a Pro Wakeboarding career.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-25-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
How old is Randall?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-25-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
sometimes you just have to take a break to clear your head, and concentrate on reality to be able to figure out whats whats really important to you.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-25-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
Thats what I meant by getting his act together. In an interview he talked about how wakeboarding doesn't last forever, so it's best to get and education. I think he even mentioned something about family life.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-25-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
www.sidewayz.com has a little blog thing going and Randall writes there from time to time. He's not laying-out
his life story, but you can read his words which reflect what he's been up to lately.