Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (alw041)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-06-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
I am planning on ordering a 2013 Axis A22 for next season and I had a couple of questions about the process.

Do you pay MSRP for the boat plus options if you order it, or is there some wiggle room in the price?
Should I order before the boat shows or during one?
I am been warned to stay away from my local dealer by many people because of awful service and the second closest dealer for Axis is in Dallas, TX which is about 3 hours away. Should i order from that dealer, or order one from a rep at the Dallas boat show?

I am pretty clueless about his whole process.
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-06-2012, 7:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alw041 View Post
I am planning on ordering a 2013 Axis A22 for next season and I had a couple of questions about the process.

Do you pay MSRP for the boat plus options if you order it, or is there some wiggle room in the price?
Should I order before the boat shows or during one?
I am been warned to stay away from my local dealer by many people because of awful service and the second closest dealer for Axis is in Dallas, TX which is about 3 hours away. Should i order from that dealer, or order one from a rep at the Dallas boat show?

I am pretty clueless about his whole process.
TONs of wiggle room on price. It will differ from season to season, brand to brand, an even model to model based on what he dealer thinks they can get away with. Ive heard anywhere fom 10% off MSRP for highly demanded boats to upwards 25-30%.

You can shave cost off the boat if you don't put on a ton of options that you can do yourself with aftermarket stuff. Lights and stereo equipment come to mind - maybe also covers and biiminis.

I'd love to hear what others' experiences on discount off MSRP is.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
If you are in no hurry boat show incentives usually are awesome in those brands offering free upgrades in gel and some equipment in mfgs. I don't recall the Axis specials off my head someone with that can chime in. Around my parts though end of season left overs and boat show deals are the way to go. However Axis seems to be a. Hot boat here and leftovers were nil last year.

Depending On what options u want. Never do the factory stereo. You can get twice the stereo for half the price doing it custom. The factory packages suck you in and U pay retail for stuff that usually is installed poorly and set up wrong. Boat companies build boats not stereos. Just my .02 after gutting a few factory stereo mishapsI

As far as deals. NEVER pay Msrp unless you that guy who walks into a big 3 and says give me that right there with every option. I love those customers . 10% is a start. 20 percent is good deal. Anything more is a great deal. However again tho depends on supply and demand. Axis is a unique boat here and a couple other places rolling off the lots left and right

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-06-2012 at 8:28 PM.