Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-26-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
I thought this might be a good tread for all the crews out there to give props when props are due!!

Today we hit the water at 8:30 and the conditions were killer!! Mark (WW name Uncle Jessie) went out to do work! He started by working on his Indy Tantrum. Didn't get it, but he will! After having a killer set he ended it with a huge Mute H/S 5 into the flats..Thats the first time he has grabbed his 5. Sick riding UJ!!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-26-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
Mark was so excited he emailed me. Grabbing the 5 is huge! I'll have to try and match that.

I saw Evan bust out some magazine quality riding a few weeks ago. He booted a Toeside indy huge.....you know, when everything works out and you get booted? Anyway, he grabbed indy and held it for what semmed like a couple of seconds, and then took it to late backside 180. One of the most stylish things I have seen from our group
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-26-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
i gotta shout out to vlxyenvy, on sunday he nailed his first backroll like he had done it a 100 times. i need a clinic son!!!!!

props to scotty 313, nailed his second swith toe 3 on wensday and then proceeds to start hucking swith crows, and mobey dicks your killing it buddy.

props to my chica, started doning surfaces 180's last wake.

and props to you mark, we gotta ride soon my man. good thread shon, lets keep it going!!!!!!!!!

(Message edited by westsiderippa on September 26, 2008)
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
Props to Bryan (above). He throws a sick HS BS 180 and he is always down to ride.

Props to Shehan. Started throwing consistent wrapped Toe 5s and for getting back on the batwings after almost ruining the shoulder at the beginning of the season.

Props to Casas (J Cas): Landed the scarecrow which was deserving of a "flash" from the ladies on board.

Orosz gets 1/2 props for nailing the hoochie (ha ha). He only gets 1/2 props cuz he's not on this message board.
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-27-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
I have to give props to Jrod for his HS5 and TS5! Alan for his Vulcan! and Andrea for landing HS5 and switch HS3 in the same week!
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-27-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
Well no one here has probably heard of him but I always ride with this kid name Fatchew. He just came back from a pretty good arm break and has been killing since he came back. Last time we were out he hit a dum-dum, ts bs 360, and a few of the biggest indy tantrum to fakies ever. He also does a hs crail backroll that his huge and poked out. I will have to post some vid of him sometime.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
joel let me ride the entire 10 gallons we put in trying to stick a ts 3 landing wrapped the other nite.

and he's been killin it somethin stupid lately. melan switch 5's & 3's. hs ole 5's, close to stickin his 7, finally. gonna be a good fall to get some shizzz on tape
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-27-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Big props to Connor Morris for taking 1st in the kids division at the first annual Garden State Wakeoff.
Connor went out there, stuck his run and brought home the 1st place points for team south. Well done Connor!
www.wakeoff.com

(Message edited by nj_alex on September 27, 2008)
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-27-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
props to Chris A. toe 7, toe of 5, biggest, cleanest Tanny to B's, and so stylish.

Davis G. for coming back off a torn MCL at the beginning of the summer with more style than before. big backside 180s into the flats, the sickest indy grabbed toeside backroll, back 3's and back 5's soon!

Todd Jones- props on the knee tuck mcgee, high fives, double grabs, 180 fridays, and all the other super stylish stuff you do.

Props to all these guys ^^^ Reppin slingshot!
Old     (martinique)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
Props to Tami for delaying her trip to Mexico last night to ride and all her awesome friends she always brings....

She really told her friends she was riding with me last night and they had to delay the trip until she was finished riding and she would leave until it was too dark too ride!!!!
Old     (yorwakebordfrend)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-27-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
my buddy blaine just got switch toe 5s on thursday and stalefish tannys

i finally grabbed my switch 3

my other buddy got a concussion from a beefy double up i drove him hahaha

propseezy
Old    K.B.C.            09-27-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
BCH is the MAN. BS5 off the dub, keeeeeeeling it....
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-27-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
When we were on the CIE houseboat trip at shasta this year there was some SICK riding going down. There are 3 things that stand out to me from that trip....Watching J-Rod hit a huge toe 3 into the flats from the shore then drop a H/S 5 into the flats. If you have seen Evans profile pic it says it all!! Proly the most stylish grab 3 i have seen in person, and Bryan(westsiderippa) doin major work on his 3!
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-28-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
BCH- BS5.... sick! Brian and Scott, we gotta ride this fall. When you guys com'n down our way?

Thanks for the props Shon. I want to post one soon about you landing that toe7!!!

UJ
Old    K.B.C.            09-29-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
Probably real soon Mark. I think we've still got a week or so that we can ride here then we'll likely start heading down to Rollins on the weekends. We'll be sure to let you know so we can hook up and ride.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-29-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
Props to Scott313 for landing pretty much anything he wants

What will it be this week Scotty?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-29-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
Ha, ha, ha.... Yeah, there isn't much that slows Scotty down.

Yo, Scott P... I'll be in the hood next weekend, we should hook up for a drink. BCH threw down the BS5? Wow, that's ill. I tried a couple off the wake last year, but I was scurred. Nice.

Jarrod's, working the 5's. Back to back. I was hoping to see the back to back yesterday. Oh well. I'm sure it wont be long.

Definitely props to everyone on our houseboat trip this year. Killer riding by all. Talk about some motivation. Shon's got the steeze for sure.

Billy of course has the biggest backroll I've ever seen. I can't believe he doesn't break a board on every one of them.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-29-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
props to all of the guys (and galls) working at Powell, hope you all come back next year so we can ride again
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-29-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
hahah I was trying to stick the combo for ya yesterday Ev. I've only done the heel/toe back-to-back once so far.
Old    K.B.C.            09-29-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Sounds good Evan. I should be around, hit me up when you get into town.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-30-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
Props to my buddy Daryl (a.k.a. "some a-hole") for landing his first spin, a BS 3, in 7 tries on his first day ever attempting them.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-30-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
I know he had his own thread, But huge Pops to Brodie Chaboya for havin his shot in this months Wakeboard Mag!
Old     (abangku)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-30-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
KU Wakeboard Club Progression this semester-

Tony - landed TS Backroll and Scarecrow

Daisy - learned how to get up and she is now going wake to wake

myself - HS Backroll and TS Frontroll

We're out on Clinton Lake every day. Come find the black and tan Tige if any of you are there.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-30-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
Is your last name really Bangerter too? Wierd. Don't see that one to often!
Old     (abangku)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-30-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
Yeah i saw that too.. you related to any of us here in Kansas?
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       09-30-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
Your long lost bro Riley!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-30-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
HAHA! Yeah The only people i Know with my last name is Family.

I don't think so all my relatives came out of Utah and San Jose.

Crazy!
Old     (abangku)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-30-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
haha awesome man. my family is 100% Kansas. btw, your photos are sick!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-30-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
HAHA! Right On!

thanks man!
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-30-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
Props to Jrod for landing his first BS3 tonight on his 4th try! Good work buddy!

Oh yeah, here's what Vics looked like

Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-30-2008, 9:50 PM Reply   
dude i gotta give up for jarrod also on that hs bs 3, 4th try he owned it!!!!!!! and again linking his hs 5 to ts 5, blowing up son!!!!!

and scott, first switch ts 3 and now switch hs 3, and tonight that bat wing you through i thought you were gonna bring the rain with that shiz it was straight up pointed to the sky and huge.

andrea you killed it tonight too. hit your 5, indy tanny and bamm straight grabbing that 3.

and jenna you held your own out there baby behind that mackin wake. im proud of yah!!!!!!!!!

great evening thanks guys!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2008, 7:39 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. Last night was probably the best night of my season. Everyone was pushing it! New tricks (or many attempts) by everyone, awesome weather, water, the sunset, riding doubles with Scotty until sundown. I had a rockin good time.

My best season yet for progression. Riding 2-3 times a week makes a huge difference.

Bryan, you've got a few new tricks within reach. Next time out, you'll be riding out of at least one of them for sure.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-01-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Ah that water looks strikingly similar to the doubles set Bryan and I took on Sunday evening.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-01-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
yah it was money fo sho ryan. scotty and jarrod took the double's soul sunset sesh last light and with 100 ft till the 5 mph they nailed back to back 3's it was sick.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-01-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
J-Rod... nice job man... hearing you guys progressing is motivating me and Shon BIG TIME!!! I was telling Shon a few days ago, next time out it is BS1 and BS3 work for me, and then I see you just landed a BS3 yourself... Nice work! Hopefully it will warm back up a bit and fall riding will continue.

uj
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
UJ,

If you can do a grabbed heel 5, you can easily get a Backside 3. Same rules apply, yank the handle into your hip hard, then start to spin.

Getting to the handle pass takes longer than the frontside spin imo, so you feel like you're running out of time in the air, but the second 180 comes fast. Really fun trick.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-01-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
Thanks... I'm scurred

I tried a few years ago and haven't gotten back to it. I do remember going early doesn't work out so well!

-uj
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       10-01-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
Man reading all this stuff is killing me right now, cant wait till I can ride again. Great job everybody for killin it this year and progressin. Jrod, Evan, Bryan, Mark, Shon keep up the good work. Ride on!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
How are you doing buddy, what's your current status?
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-01-2008, 10:41 PM Reply   
Jeff Goldblum landed a switch HS BS 3 a week or so ago.

Josh Settlage landed his first heel 180 at the Collegiate Regional Qualifiers last weekend, and then stuck another one today after a few tries.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       10-02-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Current status is actually pretty good. Started driving (left footed) last week, back in the office bidding jobs and catching up on paperwork. Hit the gym 3 times last week for some upperbody. Knee is moving pretty well, I can get about 80 degrees right now but still cant bear weight for 2months. Lost total of 40 lbs so Im eating like a mad man to get some weight back. Keep up the good work, you guys are killin it.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-02-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
Shawn I start PT next Tuesday and starting to get on the CPM Machine. Just got the Staples out today. I think I'll be ready for that boat ride in a couple weeks.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-02-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
Nice to hear your feeling good shawn. keep the pt up brotha.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
J-Rod..I pumped for you on the BS 3 hommie!! Even though we dont get to ride together much your texts keep me pushing it. Mark and I have been pushing each other a lot every set. Makes for some killer times on the boat!!

Shawn..Good to here its comin along brotha!! Can't wait to see you ride again!!

Bryn..Hows the 3 comin? you still puttin in work son?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-02-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
Thanks dood! We realy need to ride before it gets cold.

Tuesday, we had Bryan throwing HS FS 3s, HS BS 3s, and Backrolls. He's really close on all three of them. I think he'll get the backroll first, and he'll probably get the back 3 before the front 3, even though he has already leanded the front 3.
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-02-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
Bryan is close on all 3! I agree with Jrod, I think one more day and he'll have the backroll with the BS3 soon to follow!
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
Hit me up the next time you are headin out. I will make it down.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-02-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
yah yah, shon we gotta hook it up son. these boyz have been pushin me and i love it. im so motivated right now. fall riding gets me pumped, no crowds and perfect water. im just tryin to follow suit out there, these boyz, and chicks are killin it delta style!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-02-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
Bryan will land all three on Sunday. I might even be inclined to try some new stuff.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-02-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
SHON, I call bull crap on that. BEEN CALLIN NO SEE...SHON
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-02-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
Appears it has been all about the double ups in Tahoe. Scott landed a heel b/s 3 and f/s 3 off back-to-back dubs a few weeks back (first spins off the dub), tried a sick stale poke to b/s 180 (to death slap) off the dub, and has since stuck a few more back 3's off the dub...sick. I'll try to pull up some pics if I can figure out how to load them.

Looks like we'll be off this weekend with the weather but looking like down the hill may be the call for next weekend.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
AL...Why is you hallerin...This is a restaurant... You can't call me at 12 and expect me to get down there in 2 hrs to ride.. Give me a day and I will make it happen! Next week fo sho