Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-24-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
well the cold season is right around the corner, and I have a hole in my O'neil Boost drysuit. It's not on a seam or near a seal. It's right in the middle of the material in the middle of my lower back.

Anyone got any ideas on what to use to patch it? I was just thinking like a tube patch kit, but I'm not sure if that would work.

I looked on the O'neill website and it doesn't say anything about patching, and I don't think they'll warranty it if it's not on a seam or a seal.

anyone?
Old    dahui            09-24-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
If you cant find any dry suit specific patches, my get high sports fat sacs came with a heavy duty patch kit. The sacs are made out of that river raft material. Depending on the size of the hole you might give that a try. If I have an extra kit I will send it to you.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-24-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
I'd be willing to give that a shot. I know what material you're talking about. I will say that the material on the inside of my drysuit is really different from that material though.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-24-2005, 3:43 PM Reply   
Just a suggestion for when you patch it, put one the inside and the outside. Double security. I'd bet a tube patch kit would work, since tubes need to be pliable. Good luck and post info on how it works whatever way you do it.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-24-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
duck tape only way to go. Thane the tube patches don't work to well. I have had this happen also. Best way that worked for me was to get a rubber patch then sew it into it then go to a dive shop and they have some stuff thats like slicon. It still leaked but just a very small amount.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-24-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
A dive shop sounds like a good place to start.

Squid - did you sew the patch in yourself? Why don't the tube patches work? do they fall off? Would the silicon completely seal over the patch?
I would imagine if you sewed something in, I imagine it would leak from the holes from the needle, but maybe I'm not understanding your concept fully.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-24-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
ya the patch just comes off in time to to the suit flexes more than the patch. As for sewing it you just then smear that stuff all over the patch and the threads. It just trickles in you don't soaked from it.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-24-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
If you have the time, send it in to them, they can repair that easy. If you do it, you void the rest of your warranty, (if you have any left)
Old    mia            09-24-2005, 10:48 PM Reply   
thane,

would suggest sending it into oneil. they have quick turn around (1-2 days). if the self applied patch doesnt work, it could make it worse and oneil wont cover it...
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-25-2005, 5:26 AM Reply   
If it's a neo drysuit there's this stuff called Aquaseal Seal Cement. I use it on my 5/4 suit. All you do with it is brush it on over the hole on both sides and let it set up. Works pretty good on my suit and it's only bout $8 a can. Never tried it but I bet it would work on the nylon of a bag style drysuit too. Pretty much all it is is rubber cement but it's black. At least it smells the same as rubber cement.