Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-21-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
My GPS I use in my truck is about 3 years old. It still works ok but I need to update the maps and the update is $75. I'm looking for a new one with more features. I would like lane change assistance, cheaper updates and speed display on the map screen. Does anyone hare any recommendations? Best place to buy?

Thanks in advance.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-26-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
I'd go with a Garmin Nuvi 6 or 7 series. It will give you the features you are looking for at a decent price. I'd try costco or just go to garmin.com pick the model you want then try a google search for the best price. Got a 765T for my mom a few months ago from camerakings.com and she loves it. Lane assist, lifetime traffic, all in all a pretty nice unit.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-27-2010, 2:16 AM Reply   
Can't go wrong with a Garmin. I have had three and they all worked great. They keep getting better every year. I bought my last one when it was on sale at Wal-mart. I can't remember the model but, it has the lane-assist which is pretty handy on the interstate.