Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-15-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
does anyone know if you can wake board in the bay of traverse city? we are headed up there the second weekend in august. we saw that torch lake was right next door and wondered if anyone had feedback

thanks in advance!
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-15-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
Yes, the bay in the right wind is good.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-15-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
Torch Lake is beautiful you have to at least take a ride on it,the water looks like the Caribbean.The sand bar was packed with people last year on the July 4th weekend,I'm sure people hang out there every weekend during summer.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-15-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
I'll be on Torch in August too; girlfriend's family has a cottage with a boat lift :-)
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-15-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
Hey Guys, There are a ton of places to wakeboard in Traverse City. I live up here and there are some smaller inland lakes (Cedar Lake, Silver Lake) bigger inland lakes (Torch Lake, Elk Lake, Lake Leelanau) and the GT Bays. All good depending on the wind direction. I work for Action Water Sports (MasterCraft dealer in town) and if you have any question give me a shout (231-943-3434, my name is Jeff).
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
I ride on Lake Charlevoix which is a bit north, but the wind howls, usually out of the north or west. But find a north or west shore and you should be able to get some great riding in most of the day, but without a doubt in the morning/early afternoon and evening!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-16-2009, 5:31 AM Reply   
My profile pict. is my boat on Elk Lake,MI in July 2008 at 6:00am.
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       07-16-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
I rented a cabin on GT bay the first week of Aug. I hope that the bay will work but I have been on Torch and Elk and they are both great. How is lake Bellaire? Also if I can't keep my boat on the bay were is the best launch and how much does it run?

Thanks, Nick
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-16-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
Ahhhhh, you guy's are killing me! I grew up in Michigan and my friends family has a place right at the mouth of the Clam river & Torch lake. Every Summer we would kick it at the sandbar,spend the day out on the lake and then end up at the Dockside Inn for dinner. WOW..... Someone please take some pics & send them to me! I have not been back in 10 years! Thanx.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-16-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
ya bro i have a few times accually going to ride there this weekend!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (boynepat)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-16-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
Andy, Did you put your boat in lake charlevoix last weekend? Im pretty sure I saw the exact color combo of your boat being launched in boyne city?
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-16-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
lol ya bro i have a cabin on boyne mt, my rents took it out on sat,
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-17-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
Nick,

Are you going to be on East Bay or West Bay? If you are West you want to use Elmwood Township Park launch and i think it's like $10 bucks, not to expensive. Best of luck!
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       07-18-2009, 7:06 AM Reply   
we used to have a cottage on leelanau, northern MI is where it's at