Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-03-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
I wear a size 10 so maybe this is just me but when I tried the new 06 Murray's (L)I was a pain to get them on, then when I did I hurt like heel on the top of my ankle (not foot cause they were so tight.

I then tried the XL they were super comfy, but once again they kill my ankle at the same spot, the top, we loosened them and tried everything. I still bought them because Mike at Grizzley assured me if they don't break in any them I can bring them back, I plan on doing the hot water thing tonight, maybe with a softball overnight, then riding tomorrow to see.

Am I the only one who ankle kills me with these bindings?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-03-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
i wear a 9.5-10 and i wanted the murrays really bad, but the medium was too small and even the L pinched down on my big toe even though there was plenty of room :-(

the ankle never bothered me on them, just my toe
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
Guys,

You should always be prepared to modify your new bindings. Something as simple as sticking a beer bottle...oh wait...closed toe.

Hmmm...anyway can remove the closed toe dealy to stretch out the toe area?

My toes were getting pinched on my CWBs. A beer bottle stretched them out. Now they are perfect. I have never worn a pairof boots straight out of the box.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-03-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
j-rod the only boots that ive ever been able to wear straight out of the box was my 05 zeus's

my 04 obriens were so bad they spent the entire winter with beer bottles in them and then i ended up buying the zeuses the next year any way
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-03-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
How long does it take for the beer bottle trick work? I have a pair of 04 CWB Boss bindings. Everything feels great except the toes going to sleep after about 10 min.

(Message edited by byrd on May 03, 2006)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
over night. Lube up the bottle and shove it in dere. You can also soak them in the hot water while the bottle is in there. I have done this to every pair of bindings I have owned.
Old     (djustice)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-03-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
I wear size 10 wide and I found the mediums to fit like a glove. After a long session, my feet will begin to hurt, but I've only worn them a couple of times. I would rather have them a little too small than too big. From what I can tell, I am going to be very happy with these bindings. If I had bad ankles or like stiff bindings, I would probably stay away from them though.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-03-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
toe area is not my problem, its the top of my ankle, not foot which is why I was thinking about a softball. The L's my toe was up against the front of the binding so I think that is just a little to small, the XL's I have more room. What do you guys think?
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-03-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
I found the 3ds to have the same amount of comfort but with a wider foot bed, which made it much better for me. Originally I was sold on the murrays, till I tried on a new pair (a not broken in pair) and it felt super cramped, so my dealer had me try on the 3ds and it felt as comfy as Murray's broken in bindings 'cept they were brand new. They are stiffer in the back, kind of a highback style boot but I would give 'em a try if the murrays are giving you loads of problems.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-03-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
its not the width,its top of the ankle. I'm going to beer bottle them tonight..
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-03-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
I know what you mean, with those two, like... bulbs that pinch your ankle and lock your heel down, that part is a touch wider in the 3ds, I had a tough time getting my foot into the murrays just cause that part of the boot was so narrow, but I had no issues with the 3ds. Altho, when I rode shaun's pair I had no issue and they were AMAZING simply because they were broken in, I'm sure once you break your pair in you'll love 'em just as much.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-03-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
did them seem to run small in size for you?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-03-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
i have a 9.5/10ft in most shoes

the 06 bindings ive demoed fit like this

Murrays=Mediums
Zeus=large
3ds=Large
Shanes=9/10
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-03-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
when I tried on the brand new murrays they did seem small and super tight, but again, when I was riding in shaun's that were all broken in, they fit like a glove... then again I'm sure shaun's boot have taken a good deal of abuse already and I opted for the 3ds cause I wasn't sure how long it would take me to break 'em in. Then again, I didn't try the next size up...
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-03-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
wow I say "then again" a lot, sorry 'bout that.